• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 gameplay videos of new weapons

dem textures..

Monster-Hunter-4-GE-10.jpg

DaBoss

Very calm music is being played.

Also, why is there a big difference in video quality with 4Gamer (2nd video) and Famitsu (1st video)?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Jesus that charge axe looks like its going to be taking the Blue Falcon award away from the tachi with those attack animations.

Tenki

The Charge Axe is awesome. I might even consider a change from Long Sword to Charge Axe. I want to try it.

Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Oh that's cool, I remember reading in a previous thread SA got removed. Good to see its still in the game.

Do appreciate that this game has everything the fans wanted for the most part. I think the most important is the return of the cats as everyone loved that shit in MHP2G. It was the one thing which was constantly asked for with 3G was WHEREZ MAH KITTEZ?! No one really liked those masked freaks ever since they were first introduced. lol

Anura

Do appreciate that this game has everything the fans wanted for the most part. I think the most important is the return of the cats as everyone loved that shit in MHP2G. It was the one thing which was constantly asked for with 3G was WHEREZ MAH KITTEZ?! No one really liked those masked freaks ever since they were first introduced. lol

I didn't mind chacha...

Anyways those videos look great! I just wish they were showing something other than jaggi

Hedge

That staff is the weapon of forever. Playing through MH3U at the moment, and I want a happy medium for long range and mobility which this provides. I keep switching between lance and dual swords to get my fix of both.

Mileena

Banned
Except an HD port =/

Hedge

Has anyone seen any underwater combat from MH4 yet? I hope its presence has been toned down a bit. I find it a bit wonky to control my character under water - especially on a 3DS with the flimsy stick.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/11/capcom-introduces-monster-hunter-4s-version-of-the-a-team/

3GMMkIK.png

I use that lance in MH3U.

The Lead Hunters are a group of Hunters who take on special requests from guilds that aren’t given to your average Hunters.

White haired guy: the leader of the group is a Dual Blade-wielding young man. While he may still be young, he prides himself in what he does, while remaining strict on himself. He doesn’t speak much, but when he does, they’re often blunt words, making him slightly difficult to approach. He also doesn’t really get along with others due to the said fact.

Young lady: The Lead Hunter’s gunner is an intellectual, cool-headed lady. She understands the leader’s personality very well and often acts as his mediator when required. She has a keen sense of judgment, and also helps out the group by assisting the leader and planning out strategies.

Guy in the back: The lancer is the most experienced veteran Hunter of the group. He’s a noble character who is trusted by the guild and other groups. He is mentally and physically talented, and is very well respected by all the Hunters around him, even the party leader. He’s also an old friend with the main caravan leader and others of the group.

Young boy: the group’s rookie is a friendly, cheerful, and carefree character who has the ability to calm others around him with his outgoing personality. He excels at various abilities, and can even handle any weapon or item at any given opportunity, making him quite the versatile Hunter. Thanks to these abilities, he’s been selected to join the group, regardless of his inexperience. His favorite pastime is shopping.

6uVppMV.jpg

One of the traveling caravan members who’ll be joining you on your adventure is the Wyvernian Wholesale Dealer, who has many connections and will be supporting you by providing items.

You can check out various items the dealer has gathered during the day, which can be exchanged for Caravan Points. These items will change after every quest. He also takes requests from villagers who want certain items. By fulfilling these requests, you can gain new business partners and facility expansions. Additionally, he has an item increase option, that allows you to increase the amount of certain items you’re holding. This feature will especially be useful for stocking up on Herbs and Blue Mushrooms that are used to make potions. He will also trade materials for other materials the Hunter has in stock.

Charge Axe Impressions: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643007-monster-hunter-4/66956321

Goa Magara said:
I used the horn in the battle, just so I could try the double note. While the skill is super cool, I was unable to see the songs available to me due to the debug cutting off some menu options so it made me regret using the horn.
Anyway, Magara is bigger than you might expect. The hunt is also a lot busier than I expected. I had no time to think about songs. He moves fast and does a hell of a lot of explosive breath shots. Eventually we all got the virus and I was trying so desperately to wail on him I totally didn't observe him much... One thing worth noting is that his shi** leave this purple stuff in the ground, like Brachy's slime, and his breath makes them all explode. Again, the battle was so hectic and busy I lost track of stuff - lol. He is an incredibly impressive monster and appeared to have a wealth if animations and attacks. I can't wait to hunt him again! By the way we died at Magara, and I am responsible for one of those deaths. We went back with only 5 min to spare and i used charge axe and it felt really good. That made me convinced charge axe is what I will main in MH4.
Brachy + Nargacuga

God saves us all.

Anura

Has anyone seen any underwater combat from MH4 yet? I hope its presence has been toned down a bit. I find it a bit wonky to control my character under water - especially on a 3DS with the flimsy stick.

Completely gone thankfully!

tuffy

Next stop: Monster Racer, where you and 3 friends go racing around the maps, riding monsters.
Where all the blue shells will need to be carved by hand.
Last I heard, underwater combat was removed entirely.

DaBoss

Siliconera said:
The Felyne chef will be returning as a traveling caravan member in Monster Hunter 4, too. The chef system will have the same system from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, where you can pick two main ingredients for a combination of various status effects. If you’re lucky, you’ll be granted additional skills that will help out on your quest.

YES!!! Such a simple, yet effective system.

Best animations. Loved MH3U on my 3DS. No water = awesome.

At least now I'll hopefully be able to play online. Got decently far in offline but my girl stopped playing and have nobody else to play with so basically quit playing altogether.

Top Bottom