• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chaos Code is coming to US PSN

I just bought this last week, hahaha

I'm glad to see that it's finally getting released on the US PS Store; really hope that ASW is helping F K Digital with that netcode they wanted to patch in down the line.

I think a (positive) unintended consequence of the increased popularity and raised profile of Salty Bet could be that we see some digital re-releases of some old, obscure, or just never localized fighting games.

.la1n

I still need to purchase the latest guilty gear release (did it ever receive the update to latest version on PS3?) but I'll get this as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Saw a downloadable trailer for this, could've sworn this looked familiar. Though after watching some footage, completely new to me.

Might check it out depending on price. Arc System Works published it, so that peaks my interest a bit. Never heard of FK Digital, though.

RedSwirl

After watching the trailer, why have I never heard of this game?

And I already have way too many fighting games on my PS3.

xero273

lol... not sure if this is known, but the game has no netplay. I haven't played in awhile but browsing dustloop it seems they still haven't release a netplay update.

cj_iwakura

I really enjoyed playing this at a local arcade. Gorgeous backgrounds(with some hilarious meme references at that).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Actually, Team FK has been promising the English version of this on their Facebook for a while. They've been letting people know it's been on the way, and haven't been secretive about it at all.

The animation shouldn't bother people who can stand ASW's motions at all; if anything, I think it's the drawing quality that looks off at times (It looks a bit less refined than a bigger publisher's more consistent, refined works), but for a group that grew out of doing freeware stuff like Super Cosplay Wars Ultra, it's quite impressive that they've been able to make and publish something like this.

They've recently release Mononoke Slashdown on PSMobile, and Witch & Hero on 3DS, and have an arcade update to Chaos Code as well, so they seem to be pretty busy lately...

So instead of getting the +R patch up, ArcSys is giving us Chaos Code.
Why.

ASW helped FK Digital with the Japanese release of this similar to what happened with Examu and Arcana Heart 3. ASW not getting the patch for the US Version for +R has nothing to do with any of this.

lol... not sure if this is known, but the game has no netplay. I haven't played in awhile but browsing dustloop it seems they still haven't release a netplay update.

They're working on it. So it'll be in there at some point.

Kumubou

Aqua Pazza when?
Have fun negotiating all of the licenses for the various series, as the rights are spread out across a number of companies. There's no way it would be worth the hassle (then again, Capcom did release TvC in the US... but in retrospect, that would be a Capcom thing to do).

Apparently (and this is my understanding from talking to the community manager on Twitter), they want to finish tweaking the update they rolled out in Japan recently (they have made several updates to the game since it's launch on Nesica), and then roll the NSOC update out along with the netplay patch on PS3.

Speaking of him (and releasing the game)... apparently they want to release the game in Europe, but they don't have any contacts over at SCEE. Which makes sense, since ArcSys is handling publishing in Japan and America -- but they don't have any presence in Europe. Maybe a random GAFfer could point him in the right direction... :x

Yeah I'm really excited about Chaos Code but I won't be biting until there's word on the existence / quality of the netcode. Hopefully the devs get on that with some official word on the subject ... official word that isn't 6-7 months old.

Melty Blood HD and Under Night in Birth when? ;-;

DunpealD

Speaking of him (and releasing the game)... apparently they want to release the game in Europe, but they don't have any contacts over at SCEE. Which makes sense, since ArcSys is handling publishing in Japan and America -- but they don't have any presence in Europe. Maybe a random GAFfer could point him in the right direction... :x

Maybe Ghostlight? They've been publishing all kinds of stuff like Agarest.

Considering the change of direction in publishing policies they could contact Shahid from SCEE for self-publishing, who's been named as a contact partner for devs wanting to put out stuff iirc. Maybe even the "go to guy".

N4Us

From TenryoTheLight on Twitter:

It seems like we don't need an extra publisher for the EU version of Chaos Code, for Arc System Works is handling everything international.

What I'm saying is, almost everything involving what country gets the game, etc. is in their hands.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cool! How many fighters are there total?

• Bravo
• Cait & Sith
• Catherine
• Celia
• Celia II
• Cerberus
• Cthylla
• Hermes
• Hikaru
• MG Hikaru
• Kagari
• Kudlak-Sin
• Rui
• Vein

So 14 then, with 2 of those being EX / Alt versions of existing characters.

Tizoc

New info.

@TenryoTheLight: Chaos Code EN will be available in "early September." on PSN for $11.99.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa! That's the same price as HK PSN!

You guys want me to make the OT don't you?
Yo Rexxx you know more about this game brah, please make the OT!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fair amount of characters. Thanks.

Sure, NP :)

New info.

@TenryoTheLight: Chaos Code EN will be available in "early September." on PSN for $11.99.

Not a bad price at all, tis what was to be expected though. I've don't think I've seen drastic price differences between regions on PSN...

I hope they get an official US PSBlog post soon, so they can do a bit of marketing, and let us know how up-to-date the release is (Same as the HK release, being released along with the Network Patch, etc).

To think this will be out soon, and only a few dollars more than Divekick... interesting time for downloadable fighters on PSN.

Tizoc

Not a bad price at all, tis what was to be expected though. I've don't think I've seen drastic price differences between regions on PSN...
...Uh just so I get what you're saying...do you mean to say price differences between stores isn't very big?
Cuz son EU PSN always get that EU Tax unless it's a SEGA game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
...Uh just so I get what you're saying...do you mean to say price differences between stores isn't very big?
Cuz son EU PSN always get that EU Tax unless it's a SEGA game.

Well, the release areas for this so far are HK, JP, and US. The prices between releases on them generally seems to be comparable, no? If it's a "$10" game on one, it's a "$10" game on the other, and so on.

Hopefully, if / when this makes it out to the UK, it'll be equally inexpensive! But I guess that'll be up to the publisher.

Tizoc

Well, the release areas for this so far are HK, JP, and US. The prices between releases on them generally seems to be comparable, no? If it's a "$10" game on one, it's a "$10" game on the other, and so on.

Hopefully, if / when this makes it out to the UK, it'll be equally inexpensive! But I guess that'll be up to the publisher.

Well PSX games are 600 Yen and PS2 games are 800 Yen on JPN PSN, so a close price to US.
EU on the other hand, tends to be more expensive:
$40 on US PSN, is 50-60 Pounds on UK PSN
$15 games on US PSN are usually 12 Pounds/15 Euros

EDIT: THERE ARE however some rare instances of well priced games like SEGA titles and the upcoming Puppeteer.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Seems like FK Digital / Aksys are doing pretty good with this one, then. Probably also helps keep people from ordering foreign value cards and downloading from other regions, as well.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa! That's the same price as HK PSN!

You guys want me to make the OT don't you?
Yo Rexxx you know more about this game brah, please make the OT!

You are the man of the OT now so no way will I step on your shine. I will however back you up with any assistance you may need though. And by assistance I mean anything that doesn't have to do with anything artistic in nature because I suck horribly at it.

Top Bottom