• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Rock Band DLC Being Pulled

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
http://rockband.com/blog/information-about-rock-band-dlc-re-licensing

This is the track that will be pulled from the store on August 28th:

T.Rex - Bang A Gong

These are the songs that will be pulled from the store on September 30th:

The Janitors - "Get Your Rock On"
Locksley Pack 01
Locksley - "All Over Again"
Locksley - "Don't Make Me Wait"
Locksley - "She Does"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Snow (Hey Oh)"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Tell Me Baby"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic Album Pack
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Apache Rose Peacock"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Breaking the Girl"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Funky Monks"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "I Could Have Lied"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "If You Have to Ask"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Mellowship Slinky in B Major"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "My Lovely Man"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Naked in the Rain"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Sir Psycho Sexy"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Suck My Kiss"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "The Greeting Song"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "The Power of Equality"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "The Righteous and The Wicked"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "They're Red Hot"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge"

So if you want to get those songs, you have a month to do so.

Appleman

Sad to see the end of an era. Just dusted off the instruments for a couple hours yesterday and it was still a blast. Too much too soon, unfortunately.

LegoArmo

Kind of rubbish, didn't even hear about the first batch of songs and I actually owned some of them. I might have them on my hard drive, I don't know, but if they corrupt somehow they're just gone forever? Meh.

jediyoshi

Kind of rubbish, didn't even hear about the first batch of songs and I actually owned some of them. I might have them on my hard drive, I don't know, but if they corrupt somehow they're just gone forever? Meh.

Nope, you'd just redownload them.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

From the FAQ

If for any reason you need to redownload this content (i.e. in cases of console transfer, hard drive space management, etc.) you should be able to do so even if that content is no longer available for new purchasers in the store. For more information on how to redownload content, check your download history on your console or online, and consult 1st party support channels

Sethista

Its very sad indeed. I still have rock band parties, and still play alone frequently, and I love it. I got to a point where I play drums and guitar on expert, so I get something out of every song. I have around 600 songs in my library, close to 300 DLC, and its the main reason I will keep my 360.

FyreWulff

Are these going on sale as well? Might as well do a blow out sale before they get pulled. 10 cents each track.

They're already permanently 50% off from their original release price. They're all 1$ as singles, but you should buy BSSM as an album for even less money than you'll pay for all the tracks. All songs that released for RB1/RB2 are all a dollar now.

Buying BSSM is essentially paying for 8 songs and getting another 8 free.

Music rights are tricky as fuck. This was probably going to happen even if RB was still popular.

Well, they have been selling them for about five years now. They've said it's partly that Rock Band lasted so long, their original contracts have simply timed out.

FyreWulff

Also of note: now is the time to also buy the pro upgrade for Under the Bridge, as you won't be able to get it even if you own Under the Bridge after it's off the store.

If you're a completionist, you'll need to buy it for any Pro Guitar/Bass players to play Pro with you over Live/PSN/WFC.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Never understood the licensing. You'd think some of these big bands would offer their tracks for free. Most of them have made their millions and if anything it would bring a new generation of fans who in turn might even buy some of their other merchandise and/or go to their concerts. Win/win

gosox333

So sad to see Rock Band truly fizzling out. The end of DLC was one thing, but slowly watching that DLC empire being disassembled really bums me out.

Really wish RB was still profitable. The Harmonix guys deserve so much for all that work they put into the RB platform.

FyreWulff

So sad to see Rock Band truly fizzling out. The end of DLC was one thing, but slowly watching that DLC empire being disassembled really bums me out.

Really wish RB was still profitable. The Harmonix guys deserve so much for all that work they put into the RB platform.

For the record, each time they announce a content pull, it means everything else up to that point has been re-licensed. They're re-licensing in quarter-year batches at a time. We're still in RB1 era content contracts.

edit: Give It Away is safe for another 5 years

Exporting Snow from Track Pack Vol 2 may be affected

FyreWulff

Update

* The Pro guitar upgrade for "Under the Bridge" will be coming down with the rest of the RHCP tracks listed above on 9/30.

* DLC codes included with the Mad Catz manufactured Mustang bundles should still redeem "Under the Bridge" and the associated Pro upgrade as normal. So if you haven't redeemed your code, or if you track one of these bundles down at retail, the codes are expected to function normally.

* "Snow ((Hey OH))" will still be exportable from Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2. As mentioned in previous rounds of re licensing, disc based content operates differently from downloadable content.

Those are the most frequent questions that I've seen, but we can add future updates if anything else that requires broadcasting comes up before 9/30.

Top Bottom