• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

33 PS4 titles scheduled to launch before the end of the year

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
A total of 15 Blu-ray Disc™ titles developed by SCE Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) and numerous software developers and publishers from around the globe will be released between the launch of PS4™ and December 31st. Combined with digital download titles, an astounding 33 titles will be available before the end of the year*4.

BFlioW4.png

4ejUJrn.png

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...29-in-europe-and-latin-america-220391341.html

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is it just me or the retail list is...a little light?

A good portion of those I can play on my PC and for free.

I have almost every indie game they mentioned. They should have focused more on AAA and not free to play and indie.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will be buying many more DD titles that's for sure. Looking at 3-4 retail games but not sure if I will be able to afford them.

My less than enthusiast console friends will be very happy with the variety.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
The third party releases are the ones making both the Xbone and PS4 launch decent. Exclusives for both aren't doing much for me.

A good portion of those I can play on my PC and for free.

I have almost every indie game they mentioned. They should have focused more on AAA and not free to play and indie.

You could play a good portion of ps360 games on pc. Why would you expect anything different?

Similar to the x1 launch lineup. The standouts being 3rd party games which is available elsewhere.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Battlefield 4 is the only one screaming "day one" for me. A bit worrying.
Same for me, but I'm also very interested in jumping back into DCUO and trying out some of the other F2P titles so I'm okay with it.

UberTag

The third party releases are the ones making both the Xbone and PS4 launch decent. Exclusives for both aren't doing much for me.
And yet those third-party releases are all cross-gen and have perfectly capable HD versions already being released for X360 and PS3.

bankster

Banned
I still only see 4 that I will buy, maybe 2 more if I can find a buy 2 get 1 free. Way too much crap on there.

There's literally no crap in the list. No filler, no shovelware, no your-typical-bullshit-console-release-games. You might not be super thrilled by the games, but to call them crap is hyperbole at best.

Killzone
NFS
AC
Watch Dogs
N++
and Resogun for me.

I'm a little disappointed at the indie list. Most of the stuff I'm looking forward to is on PC or next year.

bill0527

Awful.

What the hell have their first party studios been doing the last 2 years?

You don't sell a launch console on the back of indie games you can easily get on PC and mobile devices, and probably cheaper at that.

Goddamnit. I've got the money and ive got it pre ordered in 2 different places, but I am not feeling any of these launch titles at all. Only 2 I'm interested in are Watch Dogs and BF4 and ..... Gasp.. I can get those on the PS3.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's frankly too much for me to get. The good news is that Drive Club + will be free alongside Resogun for plussies. Many DD titles and probably 2 solid retail titles for me.

And yet those third-party releases are all cross-gen and have perfectly capable HD versions already being released for X360 and PS3.

That is far from a forgone conclusion. Most non-split gen titles of the last 6 months have been really toeing the line on acceptable performance. My doubts are high that games like Watch_Dogs are going to run like anything other than garbage on current gen.

Derrick01

Banned
There's literally no crap in the list. No filler, no shovelware, no your-typical-bullshit-console-release-games. You might not be super thrilled by the games, but to call them crap is hyperbole at best.

Just dance and skylanders and about 80% of that bottom list qualifies as crap. I know for a fact that DC universe is garbage since I played it both before and after it went F2P. It's one of those shitty F2P games that limits you in everything and constantly nags you to buy stuff too.

Ardenyal

Looks like a good launch line up. Usually launch games are terrible but I think I could get just BF4 and be good for the next 6 months.

Tom Penny

This is why I don't buy launch consoles. A bunch of Indie games...no thanks. I will have to milk GTA 5 until the last drop before considering jumping in.

Hmm, about what I expected third party. Will probably pick up watch dogs, maybe knack, and a bunch of f2p and indie titles.

As well as driveclub from psplus. might buy the retail for that as well.

Better then the ps2 or ps3 releases I suppose.

AngryMoth

Watch Dogs is the only definite for me at the moment. Will probably stick with the ps+ edition of Driveclub. Was initially excited for Knack but lack of focus on platforming is disappointing, will wait for reviews. Torn between Battlefield and Killzone

thefro

Is it just me or the retail list is...a little light?

That's why think PS4/XBox 1 are going to disappoint after the initial launch rush. And then that will feed into a cycle where 3rd parties are relunctant to kill off the 360/PS3 versions of games.

nib95

Banned
22 are indies. OKay.

Indies provide some of the best gaming experiences around. Also, full games are so expensive it's difficult to afford many. With the PS4 there's a tonne of free to play, and assuming many of these indie games are much cheaper than standard retail games, so it's good times all around.

CrisKre

Not that good of a list quite frankly. I see no must haves for me. I still love the announcement of Rime today though. That looks sweet.

Top Bottom