• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mad Max screenshots

Looks good.
image_mad_max-22938-2755_0001.jpg

image_mad_max-22938-2755_0002.jpg

image_mad_max-22938-2755_0003.jpg

BTVVyNRIcAA1oXs.jpg:large
Nice info on car customizations.
He told us that there will be “millions of car customization combinations.” Each part will affect car physics, speed, weight, and more, which means decisions will have to be thought-out and considered so that you don’t end up at a disadvantage when you go into battle. Upgrades are earned by salvaging scrap – much of this will be earned through key missions and taking on enemy convoys.

Survivor strongholds in different areas of the world specialize in different parts. For example we saw a guy called Jeet who specialized in ramming grills. The changes and parts that can be added to vehicles were too many to count. You can change tires, bodywork, engines, suspension, and many more. It’s like a post-apocalyptic Pimp My Ride.

We saw a grappling hook (think Just Cause) being fired from cars to dynamically tear down sniper towers and gates. Everything was running on a PS4, and we’re pleased to say it’s all looking rather good
http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/22/mad-max-will-have-millions-of-car-customisation-combinations/

Ploid 3.0

Looks good, I hope the world is huge as Just Cause 2 and they have good creative ways to travel fast, like JC2.

FACE

Banned
I'd love a Fallout 2 remake in this style.

I wish they'd remake Fallout with the GURPS ruleset it was supposed to have and added more content.

Edit: I had no idea Disney Infinity was done by Avalanche. Aren't they also working on Just Cause 3?

delta25

Banned
My only gripe with both the game and movie is that neither take place in the Australian outback, which in my opinion is the perfect back drop for an apocalyptic wasteland.

Kinyou

Really wonder what this game is going to be like. Hope its gameplay is more about survival and not about shooting guys with thousands of bullets.

zma1013

My only gripe with both the game and movie is that neither take place in the Australian outback, which in my opinion is the perfect back drop for an apocalyptic wasteland.

I think the movie setting is supposed to be Australia, but unfortunately they just couldn't shoot it there. I'm still guessing they'll call it Australia as far as story is concerned, right? Few movies actually film on location anyways.

Simo

Looks great. Avalanche is showcasing live gameplay at Gamescom but it looks another controlled showing so no video :(

Avixph

The city of Detroit also makes a perfect back drop for a apocalyptic wasteland.

Horp

I'll be interested if driving is the major focus of this game. I'm a bit afraid it will be a "story driven shooter", which we have enough of already imo :) But a nice, open, driving game would be interesting. But it would have to be HUGE.

I know a lot of people weren't excited when this got announced at the sony conference but I think this is gonna be awesome.

sunnz

Looks good, I hope the world is huge as Just Cause 2 and they have good creative ways to travel fast, like JC2.

Nah, I hope it's smaller than JC2 ( but still massive compared to any other game) but quite a bit more detailed, more varied towns, locations and such.

Then again is it a massive desert...

Top Bottom