• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pokémon Trademarks registered in the US by The Pokémon Company - Tretta included

JoeM86

Following on from Pokkén Fighters & Pokkén Tournament found last week by Siliconera, it has been discovered that The Pokémon Company has registered several new trademarks

Now, trademarks don't necessarily mean anything, but it brings something into mind

Here are the trademarks:

PokéTretta Battles
PokeTretta Tournament
PokéFigure
PokéFigure Arena

Like all trademarks, they cover everything from video games, to arcade machines, to keyrings and many trademarks go unused (Pokémon Opal/Tourmaline/Amethyst/WhiteGold etc.) so it may not be indicative of anything, but maybe Tretta is coming outside of Japan

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Phazon

They'll push the Pokémon franchise in the next months and year, that's for sure.

Let's hope there are some good spin-offs too. I actually enjoyed a couple of them :)

woodland

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST MAKE A POKEMON RPG ON CONSOLE

imagine. you play as the trainer in 3rd or 1st person, have to aim the pokeball you throw, in pokemon fights you're character switches to the pokemon you're using, etc. would be so sick.

JoeM86

Oh, I just realised many of you probably don't know what Tretta is. My apologies.

In Japan, there's an arcade machine called Pokémon Tretta, the sequel to Battrio. In it, you use various "pucks" to battle in the arcade machine. You can battle against the AI, or against friends using the special arcade system. In this, you have the ability to capture Pokémon which causes the arcade machine to produce a puck for it, for you to use in your future battles.
tretta.jpg
trettadisc.jpg

detailImg01_01.png

It recently spawned a 3DS companion title called Pokémon Tretta Lab for Nintendo 3DS. It came with a rather beefy peripheral that allowed it to scan the pucks
typechecker.jpg
typechecker2.jpg
challengebattle.jpg

The pucks are RFID which allow them to be read. Interestingly though, a totally English logo was trademarked with the Japanese one, which was odd.

I also noticed something odd with the free pucks in Tretta Lab....they came with Japanese and English text printed on them.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST MAKE A POKEMON RPG ON CONSOLE

imagine. you play as the trainer in 3rd or 1st person, have to aim the pokeball you throw, in pokemon fights you're character switches to the pokemon you're using, etc. would be so sick.

That has been discussed at length here. The creators and developers of Pokémon, GameFreak, develop the games with the intent of them being handheld...something to carry with you to battle and trade socially. These local aspects are huge in Japan, plus in schools in the west, and so they wouldn't dream of risking cutting off that market

Top Bottom