• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni (NDS - PS3) has sold 1.4 million units worldwide

Bruno MB

During the Level-5 Vision 2013 press conference Hino announced that Ni no Kuni had reached 1.4 million units sold worldwide.

qGtItc7.png

Sales breakdown:

Code:
[B]Japan [/B]

[NDS] Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi (Level 5) {2010.12.09} - 554,378 
[PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Level 5) {2011.11.17} - 150,715 
[PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (All-in-One Edition) (Level 5) {2012.07.19} - 17,328

Total sales as of December 30, 2012 - 722,421 (current shipped number is probably around 750,000)

Source: Media Create

[B]Rest of the world[/B]

- About 650,000 (PS3 version)

[B]Worldwide[/B]

RPGCrazied

Time to work on an PS3 sequel. Loved the first. Just felt a little rushed the 2nd half onwards. Little to no anime scenes, the voice acting kinda vanished as well. Still a good game.

repeater

I'd forgotten this had a DS version. Out of curiosity, what are the main differences between the DS and PS3 versions?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why don't they localize the DS version then?

because it's 2013 and no retailer is stocking new release ds games; because in 2008-2009 when retailers were no retailer would have stocked the packaging required; because they didn't have a us publisher who were willing to handle the book?

It's telling that the Japan-only, bomba DS version is still responsible for such a huge chunk of the overall sales. I don't know if that series is going anywhere.
After being quite disappointed by the PS3 game I don't think I need it to go anywhere , though.

Niiiiiiiice. Here's hoping that means more projects of the sort.
I'd forgotten this had a DS version. Out of curiosity, what are the main differences between the DS and PS3 versions?
You have to actually use the spellbook to play, if I recall correctly.

I need to play this game.

Western release sold really well as expected.

I think a sequel is in development, maybe 3DS/PS4 this time.

Ushae

Banned
I hate it when great games do poorly, this game is fantastic. What the fuck are people buying these days?

Musiol

Good numbers. I hope that means Ni no Kuni 2 on PS4 or PSVita if next-gen developement will be too expensive.

Good numbers. I hope that means Ni no Kuni 2 on PS4 or PSVita if next-gen developement will be too expensive.

Needs more VA and less boring sidequests.

Still the best rpg I played this generation. Perfect length and difficulty if you don't like grinding.

This.

I would think selling 1.4 million units worldwide isn't great. Am I wrong? I never understood these numbers.

I hate it when great games do poorly, this game is fantastic. What the fuck are people buying these days?

I think even Aliens Colonial Marines did better.

Love this industry.

I love the general notion that something not selling multi million units is considered poor. Do you know the internal sales target of Level5? God forbid you guys have to do sales forecasting for a game thinking everything might turn TLOU or Minecraft.

pickwick

Why don't they localize the DS version then?

Piracy was too strong on US and EU market, probably.

(The reason why DS hardware sold so much in western market and sofware so badly in the same time (except for some big Nintendo games as Pokémon or Mario kart...)).

Socky

I really enjoyed the game, as did my five yo daughter, who has watched every minute of our currently 45 hour play-through and for a couple of weeks became Mitey: sword, cloak, shield and all.

I hope the sales were strong enough for a sequel to be considered, although the numbers don't sound all that great. Hard to judge what a successful JRPG should be hitting this gen though.

squall23

Piracy was too strong on US and EU market, probably.

(The reason why DS hardware sold so much in western market and sofware so badly in the same time (except for some big Nintendo games as Pokémon or Mario kart...)).
It wasn't piracy. The DS game literally required a physical book version of the Wizard's Companion. They'd have to go through the trouble of translating, publishing, and printing the damn thing just to sell a DS game.

Top Bottom