• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VITA NEW MODEL Announced with built in 1GB memory!!

kurbaan

Banned
Vita 2000 model just announced with a bunch of colors, better battery and 1GB built in memory.

New Vita in different colors, Wi-Fi model. Yellow, pink, white, gray, lime green and and light blue. A thinner and lighter model. 5 inch LCD display. 1 GB memory card built in. 1 hour more battery life. Micro USB type B, universal standard, to transfer data.

Video of new Model

ibghspDCDeK00t.gif

from the amazing livestream-thread. Waiting for the meltdowns there...

Link to High Res images

Source is the SCEJA conference going on right now: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sceja-press-conference-english

luffeN

New Vita in different colors, Wi-Fi model. Yellow, pink, white, gray, lime green and and light blue. A thinner and lighter model. 5 inch LCD display. 1 GB memory card built in. 1 hour more battery life. Micro USB type B, universal standard, to transfer data.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I wonder if OLED doesn't translate well to English.

Sucks about the removal of the OLED but as long as it looks sexy.

Also the announced price was ~19000 yen which is like 190 USD.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
LCD isn't bad if it is a good quality one.

1GB memory is a good start for save games if you're using physical cards, but patches fuck that up very easily.

But isn't the price barely changed from the current Vita?

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah it's not worth it with no OLED. You can't do anything with 1gb space and an extra hour of battery life means you can get like 5 hours now. Whoopie.

Jeels

Wow, I was going to import this until I read no OLED. Eh, not a must buy anymore. :/ I'll stick with my current one.

Those colors are so nice too. What a shame.

synce

Didn't the OLED have burn in issues? Don't care about removal if it gets me a thinner Vita with longer battery, built in memory too... Might actually buy a Vita finally

Ochi

Neo Member
6790813078_8d5b5a0848_z.jpg

Sauce please.

That said it's hard to say if this would move more vita's. 1 GB is not a lot of space, heck some PS1 games have more than 1GB of content.

Well no reason to get this since it won't have no OLED. And with the 64 GB card announced, I'll definitely be keeping my Vita.

Well the 1 GB is obviously so people can at least play physical games right out of the gate.

I wonder how much cheaper the redesign will be without the OLED screen. What is the difference in price in Japan?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Around the same price and no OLED?

Lol Sony.

Top Bottom