• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Arnold to Play the Villain in AVATAR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://collider.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-avatar-2-villain/

Sources tell Latino Review that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play a “bad guy human general.” It makes enough sense. Schwarzenegger and Cameron made Terminator, Terminator 2, and True Lies together, and could be looking to reunite. The evil military man follows from Stephen Lang‘s villain in the first movie, Colonel Quaritch. Schwarzenegger’s may be the right actor to portray the escalating human threat.

Yet it feels like a stretch. Cameron built an immersive fantasy universe in Avatar free from distracting big-name stars (all due respect to Sigourney Weaver). Casting Schwarzenegger takes the sequels in a different direction.

Yes please.

Mariolee

I told myself that after the disappointment that was Avatar, I would not see the sequel.

Now I have to see the sequel.

happypup

I would be okay with this only if they revealed at the end of the movie that he was actually an ancient robot from the past, living tissue over metal skeleton.

DigitalOp

Banned
It just sounds right...

But it will totally change the tone of the movie. Get ready for an action heavy avatar. Could be sick.

If Cameron can keep that sense of discovery and pace it properly, it could be special

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What, is he gonna be Quaritch's dad or something?

Whatever the role, Arnie + Cameron is godlike.

I hope that he's at least different from the generic military villain cartoon archetype from Avatar 1.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I will root for him. Humanity, fuck yeah!

Also, for a moment i thought this was about The Last Airbender: Book of Earth.

nomster

Awesome. Bad guy in Avatar 2, then turns good in the inevitable humans and Navi versus an unknown bad in Avatar 3.

Nether!

Would love to see it.
Schwarzenegger in the next Avatar would make me very interested in seeing it - right now I don't have much interest.

My gut reaction says "no" simply because he doesn't real blend into roles...and well... is Arnold. However, given his history with Cameron, I'm interested.

Doctor Ninja

Sphincter Speaker
Yet another “bad guy human general.” ? I thought it would be more interesting if the sequel did something different and had a story only involving the Na'vi and maybe even a villain from them, but I guess he doesn't want to change the formula the got him 2 billion dollars at the box office.

Akahige

AK9aLyC.gif

I would be all over this because nobody knows how to play to Schwarzenegger's strengths like Cameron, but don't trust Latino Review for anything these days.

Eh, depends on exactly who the villian is. If he's playing another military-style general - bad idea. If you're going to CG the hell out of him, and make him king of evil Pandora Atlantis? GREAT idea.

rykomatsu

wasn't this like...scrapped when we found out Arnie had cheated on his wife with Consuela the maid or something?

Eh, depends on exactly who the villian is. If he's playing another military-style general - bad idea. If you're going to CG the hell out of him, and make him king of evil Pandora Atlantis? GREAT idea.

If Cameron were to use the perf-cap system on Arnold to bring him back to his 80s glory in a military role where he kicks blue ass, it might just be the greatest use of VFX ever.

But again, it's fucking Latino Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom