• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky announced for western release

Stuart444

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....397699476940916.94175.370541836323347&type=1

ATELIER ESCHA AND LOGY: ALCHEMISTS OF THE DUSK SKY

The latest instalment in the long-loved Atelier series, Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, is a direct sequel to Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk and will be released in Europe in early 2014 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.

Official American press release (credit to Endless for posting it):

1379622421-pr.jpg

also

https://www.facebook.com/ateliergames/posts/624996187544576

We will make sure that Atelier Escha & Logy to have both English and Japanese voices included in the disc.

Here's a nice looking logo:

SKTRxTp.jpg

Also of importance:

Toukiden (PS Vita), Atelier Escha & Logy (PS3), Deception IV (PS3 & PS Vita) will be released in both package and digital version. #TKfamily

Tweet

That's for EU but hopefully NA gets a retail release.

And extremely hyped to play this even if I haven't started Ayesha yet.

Avallon

There was never any doubt.

Well, I guess I could say I doubted any sort of formal announcement. I kind of figured it would materialize out of thin air one random Tuesday, much like the two Vita games in the series did.

Stuart444

At least this will calm people who were worried about a digital only version after the Vita games only got digital only versions.

Also this is the first localized game fully under TK (since Ayesha was partly localized at least when TK first got Gust) so will it have been localized by NISA or did TK get their own localization team to do it?

DSveno

Banned
We will make sure that Atelier Escha & Logy to have both English and Japanese voices included in the disc.

They better be. I didn't purchase Ayesha because of this.
And there is still the Rorona remake I have to buy, geez. This franchise sure does drain my wallet.

kadotsu

Banned
I'll definitely buy this if dual-audio comes through. Still hoping for an Ayesha Plus version with dual audio in the future.

Clov

Great news! Presumably North America will follow; if not I can always import. Great news about the dual audio as well.

Now let's get that Atelier Rorona remake over here next!

Durante

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Insert celebratory gifs here.

Buying 2 copies, one collectors one digital.

It was hard skipping Ayesha.

LayLa

They better be. I didn't purchase Ayesha because of this.

that's a shame, it's a decent game if not quite as good as Totori/Meruru.
i played it with the english voices switched off, subtitles & the gorgeous music were more than enough for me.
good that they've realised their mistake though & are going back to dual audio.

A.E Suggs

Yes, why did they wait to TGS time to announce this when it can get covered up by other news? Either way I'm happy and they have dual audio it seems for peeps that care about it that much.

Esura

Banned
I couldn't care less about dual audio but I hope they don't half ass on the English voice work again. Was good in Ayesha but there was so little of it voiced.

Ryuukan

Yes, why did they wait to TGS time to announce this when it can get covered up by other news? Either way I'm happy and they have dual audio it seems for peeps that care about it that much.

You really think western people who are interested in these games don't follow gaming news during TGS? This is the perfect time.

vall03

I couldn't care less about dual audio but I hope they don't half ass on the English voice work again. Was good in Ayesha but there was so little of it voiced.

I agree, I have to say that the voicework was really good in Ayesha, its just a bit jarring that there are a lot of unvoiced events.

Durante

If you want, PM me and I'll let you borrow Ayesha if you'd like. :)
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll hold out hope for a Vita release with dual audio.

If that doesn't materialize I'll just buy it some time down the road on PS3 (my primary reason for "boycotting" it was to show T-K that it's not OK to just remove a feature from the localization of a series which was present in every single one of the previous 8 entries, and they seem to have gotten that message).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll hold out hope for a Vita release with dual audio.

If that doesn't materialize I'll just buy it some time down the road on PS3 (my primary reason for "boycotting" it was to show T-K that it's not OK to just remove a feature from the localization of a series which was present in every single one of the previous 8 entries, and they seem to have gotten that message).

Makes sense. I'm just glad that T-K got the message. :)

A.E Suggs

You didn't have to boycott to do that. You could have always bought it enjoyed it and complained, not all battles are won through boycotting ya know :/. Well its in the past and for whatever reason its back.

You really think western people who are interested in these games don't follow gaming news during TGS? This is the perfect time.
Doesn't mean it can't get buried. I'm following but I didn't see this until it was posted here.

GOD How I hope that happens.

Early 2014? Good. I'm just finishing Ayesha now (first Atelier game for me), and was wondering which one I should try next. I guess I can wait until then. Though since this seems to be a good place to ask, which of the Arland trilogy is the best game to play if you aren't looking to do all of them?

Durante

Early 2014? Good. I'm just finishing Ayesha now (first Atelier game for me), and was wondering which one I should try next. I guess I can wait until then. Though since this seems to be a good place to ask, which of the Arland trilogy is the best game to play if you aren't looking to do all of them?
Totori. Totally Totori. It's the best overall package. Rorona is not as fleshed out gameplay and graphics wise (which is why it's getting a remake). Meruru is almost as good, but the overall story and progression wasn't as rewarding for me as in Totori.

Arguably I would say Totori is the best in the series, Meruri is a lot better than many say but a big part of that is nostalgia, characters, and cameos from the rest of the series. The NEW Rorona does look amazing too though..

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Totori. Totally Totori. It's the best overall package. Rorona is not as fleshed out gameplay and graphics wise (which is why it's getting a remake). Meruru is almost as good, but the overall story and progression wasn't as rewarding for me as in Totori.

I agree with this assessment.

They should really drop the male protagonist for the next game; completely unnecessary.

I've had to stare at 15 year girls' bloomers and swimsuits for about 4 games, I welcome change!

Totori also shows some of the best character growth not just in the Atelier series but in recent JRPG history.

Yeeee-haawww!

Good timing. I didn:t get too far in the Japanese version and I was gonna purchase the Wilbell DLC and pick up where I left off with the game. Now I:m just gonna wait for this.

Curioius if NISA will localize it or if Koei Tecmo will hire a group like 8-4 LTD to handle it this time.

Edit: Totori is my favorite game in the series too. ;D

Top Bottom