• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Port Already in Beta Testing, leaked screenshots/potential release date

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

Lock if old and drown the rumor mill in salt

One of the Reddit user “DevBuild” is saying that, “Rockstar Games is currently beta testing Grand Theft Auto V PC version,” and claims himself to be a tester from Rockstar Toronto; who has been received with the dev build of PC version of GTA V. He also have shared with us the screenshots (via. Reddit) of GTA V PC version and detailed, “30/60 fps lock(swap) lock 1280×720(1920×1080 with black bars like LA NOIRE ) Middle graphics lock Good optimization (GTX 550 50~60fps).” Nothing else revealed by the user.

Release date, November 22nd

vFv.jpg

wFv.jpg

0Fv.jpg

1Fv.jpg

yFv.jpg

zFv.png

http://www.alivegamezone.com/video-...aked-plus-gameseek-unveiled-the-release-date/

wizzbang

Banned
Bull shit, those are so terribly fake, they are sharpened shots from 360 / PS3, captured or screenshotted or whatever, the resolution / texture detail doesn't look anything like a PC build.

FWIW I love the shit out of my PS3 version - I don't care for or against a PC build, but those are laughably fake.

Dynoro

Those textures are awful; I can't believe a PC version would look like that. The screens also look more like screenshots from a stream with a filter applied.

People go "hey that's business, Rockstar want you to buy it twice, duh"

IMO misleading and exploitative. Rockstar should tread lightly announcing this. It'd be decent if they did some sort of retailer trade up program for those with buyers remorse.

zerojay

Neo Member
This is likely BS. Note the Russian on the garbage can and BitTorrent on the desktop... this clearly isn't someone's desktop at work. These are likely BS screenshots taken and shopped in by all those same online sites that claim to have PC preloads and so on.

Rockstar likely doesn't want to disrupt their console sales with announcements of a PC/PS4/One release. They'll probably wait until the fiscal year ends (April?) to announce next gen/PC versions for around this time next year.

Move along.

I'm not convinced that those screenshots are legitimate. Everything about those images look like the console versions except for the fps counter.

Horns

Doubt that it's real. Nothing about that screen appears to be beyond what 2005/2006 consoles currently do despite it being in beta. Why would a beta tester have Crysis, torrent, stalker etc installed on the machine he's testing on?

Moreover, why would Rockstar release GTA 5 in November? No way. Many PC gamers would have gladly waited 2 months for the PC version. I see a November release cutting into console sales. It's a further out release date IMO.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm totally in the PC beta, here are screenshots which are coincidentally locked to console settings and indistinguishable what PS3 footage running through a capture card would look like.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Come on folks, let's bail out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom