• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intellegent Systems underway with Wii U title (SMTxFE? Something else?)

BVUt-RuCMAACs8G.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/DeSero/status/384263891137474560/photo/1

Apparently it belongs to James Anderson, didn't know IS had an English person there. :p

I'm leaning more towards to SMTxFE, but hopefully it's another game and a retail game, how about a TRUE Paper Mario for Wii U?

GulAtiCa

If it's unannounced, how could it be SMTxFE? That's announced already. Unless they mean unannounced that they are doing it.

Fucking REAL Paper Mario game on Wii U please!

Not that I didn't like Super and Sticker Star, but I want to return to the grandure that was Thousand Year Door.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I'm leaning more towards to SMTxFE, but hopefully it's another game and a retail game, how about a TRUE Paper Mario for Wii U?

A bit presumptuous since he has never worked on the Fire Emblem series. I also don't think IS will program a single line of code on FExSMT.

They've already released 4 games in the past 12 months. How many resources do you think they have?

They don't develop games by themselves. They are usually a piece of the puzzle. Even the 3DS games have are huge multi-company affairs.

Hiltz

Well, Intelligent Systems is known for assisting in development of other projects. It did Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pushmo, Crashmo, but worked with other teams on Game & Wario and Paper Mario:Sticker Star.

TreIII

I need a Paper Mario that actually has good writing again. Could I get that, please?

Traditional or more like Super, I wouldn't care as much as long as I got that again.

Asd202

IMO Fire Emblem for WiiU would be stupid considering the worldwide success of Awakening. It's probably a title in which there helping out.

Oregano

Well, Intelligent Systems is known for assisting in development of other projects. It did Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pushmo, Crashmo, but worked with other teams on Game & Wario and Paper Mario:Sticker Star.

Fire Emblem Awakening was co-developed by Red Entertainment as well.

this sentence makes no sense.

If they had success with FE shouldnt they make more FE?

He probably means that a follow up to Awakening, which was a 3DS game, should also be on 3DS. Besides that, Fire Emblem has been more successful on handhelds anyway. I really wouldn't complain about another console entry, however.

Asd202

this sentence makes no sense.

If they had success with FE shouldnt they make more FE?

I would love a third entry in the radiant series. I just love Ike and his crew (MIST, MIA!!!)

yes but wrong studio. Headstrong should make it

They should make more FE on platform on which it succeded and not on WiiU on which it will bomb. FE simply works better on a handheld.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They should make more FE on platform on which it succeded and not on WiiU on which it will bomb. FE simply works better on a handheld.

Then lets just stop putting games on the wii U at all, that way they dont have to worry about them bombing /s

He probably means that a follow up to Awakening, which was a 3DS game, should also be on 3DS. Besides that, Fire Emblem has been more successful on handhelds anyway. I really wouldn't complain about another console entry, however.

yes but console entries have been the better games

Snakeyes

New sci-fi strategy IP to round out their portfolio.

Fire Emblem - Medieval strategy RPG
Advance Wars - Modern turn-based strategy
New IP - Semi-real-time sci-fi strategy

I can dream

If FE works better on handheld how come FE console games are way superior then the handheld ones?

not that the GBA games were bad but they dont hold a candle to the SNES, GC and Wii games.

also according to your logic nintendo should never ever release a WiiU game or a 3DS game for that matter since 3DS was failing hard as well when awakening launched on 3DS in japan.
Fire Emblem 4/5 remake for Wii U pls.

i liked FE mystery of emblem DS but after shadow dragon im done with FE remakes in general

daripad

Rhythm Heaven please.

The gamepad would be a great addition to the game. Imagine using bottons for some minigames and the touchscreen for others. 100 levels, BELIEVE!

Why am I the only one hoping for this?

Advance Wars: Awakening would be amazing.
So, turn Advance Wars into an RPG with marriage and kids? While getting rid of most of the balance, level design, and strategy? I suppose that's the direction most Japanese strategy games are going, after all.

Top Bottom