• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone dev Guerrilla confirms work on new IP has begun

Sony-owned studio Guerrilla Games has confirmed it has begun work on a new IP now that some staff are finished with PlayStation 4 launch title Killzone: Shadow Fall.

In an interview with Eurogamer at EGX 2013, lead designer Eric Boltjes said the Shadow Fall team were keen to branch out into other types of games, and work on doing so has started.

"I can be true about it, yes. That's definitely what's happening right now. I can't tell you what we're thinking of but yes," he said.

"As a studio we do want to branch out, and we have started work on a new IP, something completely different to Killzone. I don't want to say anything about it right now, but as a studio we do want to keep it fresh."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...v-guerrilla-confirms-work-on-new-ip-has-begun

Judging by some posts on GAF, I was under the impression they were much further along with a new IP than this, but regardless it's a new IP. So celebrate :)

Please don't be a fps, please don't be a fps. They said they want to branch out to other genres, so that's a good sign.

LogicStep

Really interested to see what they come up with. I'm glad that it's completely different from KZ just for diversity's sake.

Yup. Hope it's an RPG.

Still can't wait to see it since we first heard about it, should look gorgeous.

Edit: Yes, not a shooter rpg please. And preferably not first person, would love to see GG stretch their legs a bit (and I prefer 3rd person games).

So is Guerilla working on two new IPs then? As it says the "Shadow Fall team" is working on a new IP?

That team is going to help out with the new IP once they finish SF

Killzone: Shadow Fall launches alongside the PlayStation 4 Nov. 15. Once production on the core game wraps up, ter Heide explained, a part of the team will stay behind to work on expansions while the rest of the team will move onto the studio's new, unannounced IP. However, ter Heide said that particular project "will be a while."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/27/46...-multiplayer-gives-over-full-playlist-control

Nice, so they have two new IP's they're working on now at Guerilla.

Perhaps not... from August...

http://www.************************...game-director-talks-customizable-multiplayer/

Speaking of post-launch, once Guerrilla finishes up Shadow Fall, that team will then move onto their unannounced IP, which Steven said “will be a while.”

EDIT: Ugh banned site, but you get the idea. Looks like this is the new IP that has finally gone in to full production.

Derrick01

Banned
I have 0 faith that Guerrilla can develop an actual WRPG, if that's what this really is like the rumors suggested, but I'm willing to at least see what it is. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Skyrim as far as RPG depth goes.

Nice, so they have two new IP's they're working on now at Guerilla.

I'd imagine it's the same one. They are just talking about it in very vague terms. The only news here I think is that staff that were working on KZ have now moved on to that other ongoing project.

IvorB

I'd be pretty much interested in anything they do as long as it's not FPS. I've always wanted to appreciate their games since they are technical showpieces but I'm not a FPS man.

Could be the Helghast-themed party-poker game I've been holding out for...

Dusky

I wouldn't get ahead of yourselves people. Pretty sure they are talking about the same new IP that has been under development for a couple of years now, they've simply just moved a large chunk of people onto the project as it's their main focus now, whilst the others are probably in the planning phase for the next Killzone.

Bailers

Sounds about right that it's time for GG to branch out. They've done four games now, I can imagine they want to do something other than Killzone.

Good luck to them, can't wait to see what they come up with. I'm sure it's going to be graphically beautiful at the very least.

Sweep14

Well. See you then in 3 years then... :/ ( I thought they had a second team and that work had started several months ago).

Top Bottom