• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valhalla Knights 1 free on US PSN

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thanks for the heads-up; anyone have an idea how archaic it is?
I am mildly interested in 3.

Eusis

Yeah, that took me by surprise. Grabbed in case it was a mistake, saw it touted in the PSN update afterwards so I guess it was deliberate.

reson8or

Thanks for the heads-up; anyone have an idea how archaic it is?
I am mildly interested in 3.

I played and finished it when it originally came out. Was very dated then graphically and mechanically, I'm sure it hasn't aged well. However, its free, so you can mess around and form your own opinion ;)

mollipen

I know a lot of people aren't into this series, but I really enjoyed the first game. Not sure how it holds up at this point, but I have to imagine that it's still at least worth your time at the low, low price of free.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
okay good so this isn't one of those ban worthy Oman things right?

As far as I know Sony has never banned anyone for downloading even mistakenly free content. They even took the whole Game Sharing thing in a bit of a stride for a while.

Yeah, if Sony isn't going to ban me for game-sharing MvC2 with 4 friends in the same lobby together, I'm guessing they wouldn't ban me even if this is an accident.

Tizoc

Yeah, if Sony isn't going to ban me for game-sharing MvC2 with 4 friends in the same lobby together, I'm guessing they wouldn't ban me even if this is an accident.

Originally you can game share with 4 other people, so there really was never any reason to ban you.
As is you can only game share with 1 other PS3 owner or Vita owner.

fvng

It was listed under price changes in the blog post so I guess it's to promote VK3.

No real fanfare on this, I can't even find the PSP/Vita section in the PS3 store interface

Downloaded the game and really enjoying it. Real shame that they're turning the third game into a creepy Japanese pervert simulator

Tizoc

Whoa, EDF portable is $15. Is that one good? (Ironically or otherwise?)

iT'S a game where you kill giant insects with flame throwers machine guns and rocket launchers, 3 of 150 other weapons you can use to slaughter the fools, HOW CAN YOU SAY NO!?!!!

Shengar

No real fanfare on this, I can't even find the PSP/Vita section in the PS3 store interface

Downloaded the game and really enjoying it. Real shame that they're turning the third game into a creepy Japanese pervert simulator

What?

EDIT:nevermind, just see shadow's post below. WTF HAPPENED??!

$h@d0w

Valhalla Knights 3 is gonna be amazing (NSFW):

http://i.minus.com/i44CXEeCF5r55.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwZzcK3G_Ac

ibog8IiBLD76jk.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What?

EDIT:nevermind, just see shadow's post below. WTF HAPPENED??!

Bah, and it seems like the effort towards pervertedness is not that good too :\ Creepy as hell models all around.

But the sad part is, most probably I would buy it anyway because it is a JRPG getting a release in the west for Vita: a miracle in itself....

No amount was deducted from my account. Seems it's a way to promote VH3 which is releasing this month in the US.
Yeah, XSEED announced in on twitter. The game will be free until a week after Valhalla Knights 3 launches (so grab it before the 21st). It's is naturally NA only, since Ghostlight Rising Star published the game in EU/AUS (and VH3 hasn't been picked up for release there yet anyway.)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Probably the worst way to promote vk3 lol, vk2 battle stance(not the normal vk2!) is the only good one.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks for this. I usually try and play the older games of a series to see if it's worthwhile getting into in time for a new release. You've just saved me time and effort and now I can happily dismiss and ignore these games completely from this point

I agree that japan should stop being perverted and that those sections in vk3 seem totally stupid and inappropriate(but TBH it just follows a trend present even in some bigger games).
IIRC there was a kotaku article that complained about these sections, it also pointed out that these section are totally unnecessary and optional though, you can completely avoid them and finish the game.
Previous games don't have those sections(but the only good game is vk2 battle stance).

Tizoc

I think we share the same store as EU countries.

I know I ended up getting the jak collection for free, so i guess we get stuff sometimes.

Are you an EU Plus member? EU PSN fucks up sometimes with Plus games causing some games to show up being free like the Jak Trilogy Vita & NBA 2013, so that doesn't really count.

Only way VH1 or 2 becomes free or on sale is if Ghostlight gives the OK I think.

Shahed

I agree that japan should stop being perverted and that those sections in vk3 seems totally stupid and inappropriate(but TBH it just follows a trend present even in some bigger games).
IIRC there was a kotaku article that complained about these sections, it also pointed out that these section are totally unnecessary and optional though, you can completely avoid them and finish the game.
Previous games don't have those sections(but the only good game is vk2 battle stance).

I guess I'll see if I ever find the time. I've got a sizable backlog of games to play on Vita (PS1/PSP/PSV) and I plan on buying a 3DS soon. If I ever find myself with literally nothing to play, I might give the first game a shot

Bishop89

Are you an EU Plus member? EU PSN fucks up sometimes with Plus games causing some games to show up being free like the Jak Trilogy Vita & NBA 2013, so that doesn't really count.

Only way VH1 or 2 becomes free or on sale is if Ghostlight gives the OK I think.

AU ps+ member and na, jak was free for all (as it showed up free on the web store even when i wasnt signed in)

Tizoc

AU ps+ member and na, jak was free for all (as it showed up free on the web store even when i wasnt signed in)

Jak Trilogy PS3 was free, but noT Jak Trilogy Vita officially.
The Vita games made free was due to an error from EU PSN's side IIRC.

Ulumsk

I wonder if VK3 is any good. Recruiting female party members in the Red Light Distric. WAT.

EDIT: After doing some google research, yup. And Kotaku already has an article on it. Of course.

Shengar

Bah, and it seems like the effort towards pervertedness is not that good too :\ Creepy as hell models all around.

But the sad part is, most probably I would buy it anyway because it is a JRPG getting a release in the west for Vita: a miracle in itself....

I'm fine with dating sim element, or like those in Yakuza. But this, this is just pure pervesion.
Yes it optional but still it bugs me to no end knowing this mode exist.

fvng

I'm fine with dating sim element, or like those in Yakuza. But this, this is just pure pervesion.
Yes it optional but still it bugs me to no end knowing this mode exist.

*tapping on boobs* is a whole new level of sadness. Super lame.

Well, shit. I've been close to talking myself into buying this when looking for something cheap on PSN many times, but have always come to my senses at the last minute. For free? Why not? Thanks OP.

Shinta

Banned
This game is really tough so far. I don't know if I missed something, but I'm grinding the first monster in the first dungeon just to try and barely scrape together enough gold to hire an additional party member. I must have missed something, because after one fight I have to run out of the dungeon and heal up again.

I'm actually really enjoying the game so far. Being free helps, but just imagining how much better this will be on Vita, I'm thinking VK3 is a must own for me now. I like the combat system a lot. Similar to Lightning Returns honestly, but with less defensive options and more party members, and no job swapping.

Tygamr

Tried it out yesterday and it was just so bad. It's like one of those early 3D iOS RPGs that were popular around 2009. Seriously, worst PSP game I have ever played. The dialogue is just bad and the game doesn't look very good.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Yeah, XSEED announced in on twitter. The game will be free until a week after Valhalla Knights 3 launches (so grab it before the 21st). It's is naturally NA only, since Ghostlight published the game in EU/AUS (and VH3 hasn't been picked up for release there yet anyway.)

Actually it wasn't us who picked it up. Off the top of my head I think it might have been Rising Star.

Top Bottom