• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima tweets about MGSRising: PC version

MNC

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 1m
Rising PC version looking good, even the shadow looks beautiful. pic.twitter.com/hFLJxBeY0x

BVjxWh5CYAA8ciM.jpg

Zuly

Goddamn you're fast. I just saw the tweet on my timeline. It's really hard to tell with that image resolution but it's nice to see an update for once.

EDIT: Another image:

vk8v49B.jpg

Jawmuncher

IT LIVES!

Hoping they go all out for the PC release on Steam.
Include all the DLC, Maybe a new Costume for Raiden,and Steam trading Cards of Course.

Dascu

Maybe we're seeing a Dark Souls-like scenario here, where they're waiting to release the PC version alongside an expansion/update to the original game?

I really thought this would be released on PC by now. If it means get optimizing and something that works well for many PC configurations, awesome. Hopefully the wait is worth it.

Anteater

it's happening.gif

Can't wait, hope they bundle all the dlcs in, was waiting for the "goty" ver for consoles and I don't think that would happen.

danmaku

We're so used to the incessant (and annoying) PR buzz around big games that when a studio doesn't say anything for some months people immediatly assume their game is dead or there's something going wrong anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We're so used to the incessant (and annoying) PR buzz around big games that when a studio doesn't say anything for some months people immediatly assume their game is dead or there's something going wrong anyway.

In this case, though, Konami said the port would be releasing "soon". That was almost four months ago and this is the first time it's since been acknowledged.

Mupod

I can't wait for an excuse to play this again. I never did buy the DLC so here's hoping the PC version comes with it a la Lords of Shadow.

Blackage

Damn that looks awesome.

Wonder how Bayonetta 1 would have looked/run on PC, or Vanquish for that matter.

Either way glad to see some Japanese devs embracing PC ports.

Hypron

Holyshit, so they improved the shadows? Fuck yeah, that was probably the worst part about the graphics on console. I'm so double-dipping. 1080p + solid 60 fps + AA + non-pixelated shadows =
franco-so-good.gif

Now I just hope we get the PS3 version cutscenes and not the xbox360's.

L~A

Very good news, but it's still a long time till I get myself a new rig, so yup, waiting game for me anyway!

Adaren

Not a Metal Gear fan but a huge Bayonetta fan. Should I be excited?

As a Bayonetta fan who's never played a Metal Gear, I loved this game. It's on the short side and doesn't have as much depth as Bayonetta, but the game's unique mechanics are a blast and the style and music are top-notch.

Anteater

Damn that looks awesome.

Wonder how Bayonetta 1 would have looked/run on PC, or Vanquish for that matter.

Either way glad to see some Japanese devs embracing PC ports.

Both games would get a huge jump in graphical fidelity I think, Vanquish was 30fps and sub HD (even though the game plays great), and Bayonetta was just a bad port all around on the ps3, it would be nice to play it at decent framerate without a weird vaseline filter that made it look as if it was a sub HD game.

Not sure if Sega will do anything with those games though :(

thuway

I truly hope they include higher resolution textures. Some of the textures and particle effects were awful. It would also be sex if cut up geometry stayed on the ground instead of disappearing.

Bring it Konam's.

The thing with this game is that the environments are so bland and empty, it really felt like a PS2 HD port. So now it'll just be like... a slightly HDer port?

Dizzy-4U

I really hope the camera is pulled a little bit farther away from the character. That's the only improvement I really want.

Hystzen

wonder what key they will bind to force you to mash to get out of stun lock

that is of course your insane enough to use m+k to play this

Top Bottom