• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse locked at 30fps, no screen tearing.

http://gamingbolt.com/phil-spencer-defends-against-claims-that-ryse-has-screen-tearing-blames-video-player

Any tearing you see is the video player you are watching. Game is locked at 30fps, no tearing.

ibmk6cMB2siZqM.png

iZIUOvqGEcXaw.png

Seems like the ebgames expo footage was an older build.

Lock if old.

Not my cup of tea personally, but I will admit that each successive time they've brought Ryse out, it's looked better and better. How it'll play and whether it'll be any fun is anybody's guess but god damn that is a good looking game.

ironcreed

Banned
The game is no doubt something I want to play, but I'll be waiting for an Xbox One price drop down the road before I even consider it.

GQman2121

Banned
The visuals are the least of this games problems. Launch titles can get pass if they don't delivery cutting edge graphics imo.

harSon

Banned
If only they were so swift and straight to the point about the COD rumor haha

This game has gone from "I'll definitely pass," at its reveal to "I'll play it down the line if the price is right." I doubt I pay full price for it, unless the reviews end up being lights out.

Why are people giving a damn about visuals? You have 5 or so years ahead of you with this generation. Do you seriously want to just play the same game styles and not see some innovation in them, all in sacrifice for a bit of extra fidelity?

Not that Ryse is anything special in the innovation department, but hopefully you get my drift...

Great news about the framerate being locked, that was one thing that was worrying me. Man this is the best looking launch game imo, cant wait to play it.

Why are people giving a damn about visuals? You have 5 or so years ahead of you with this generation. Do you seriously want to just play the same game styles and not see some innovation in them, all in sacrifice for a bit of extra fidelity?

Not that Ryse is anything special in the innovation department, but hopefully you get my drift...

For a game to play well to even attempt to innovate... it has to have good performance. Visual or otherwise.

Good on them, but this should really be the very absolute minimum level of performance for gaming software.

Hopefully this kind of thing isn't newsworthy in the future.

I don't get why people are hammering the game for running at 30fps @ 900p. Yeah, it's a game that's very dense with detail, good animation, and a lot of on-screen activity. Why anyone would expect 60fps before more rendered 'stuff' is beyond me.

McDougles

No cross-gen?
No multi-plat?
No excuses.

I'm completely understanding if 3rd party teams create launch day games for multiple generations and platforms with lower-than-expected resolution and FPS; they're taking on a huge risk. But a new IP from Crytek and Microsoft Studios to get neither 1080 nor 60 FPS?

Wow.

(I don't expect all games to have both, but at least one or the other, especially in this case)

Top Bottom