• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A couple updates on Prima's Limited Edition Zelda Strategy Guide Box Set...

zroid

Banned
The Zelda™ Box Set - A Closer Look at the Certificate of Authenticity

jbcutRhiMnVtEx.jpg

The certificate measures 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 and is printed on high quality textured art paper in keeping with its collectable status. The paper was hand-selected as the best material to respectfully showcase the message from Mr. Aonuma.

Each certificate includes the unique collector’s edition number for that box set. This is a limited edition collector’s set—there will only be one production run. The number sequence on the certificate displays the unique number for each box set as well as the total number printed.

The certificate includes a personal message from Mr. Aonuma to Zelda fans and has his signature stamped in gold foil. Initially, the concept was to simply have Mr. Aonuma’s signature on the certificate, but after many discussions with Nintendo, an idea emerged to ask Mr. Aonuma to deliver a message directly to the fans of The Legend of Zelda. Mr. Aonuma agreed. Special paper was sent to Mr. Aonuma in Japan. After he penned his original message to the fans, he sent the paper back to the Prima Games office in California.

What does the message say? All we can tell you at this point is that it is a personal message straight from Mr. Aonuma that all fans will enjoy. Jesse Anderson, Prima Product Manager for The Zelda Box Set has seen and read the original message from Mr. Aonuma. His reaction: “As a fan of The Legend of Zelda, I was very excited to see the message and know that Mr. Aonuma himself wrote it.” You'll just have to wait until the box set is released to see exactly what it says!

This special note from Mr. Aonuma is exclusively available with the Zelda Box Set certificate of authenticity

The Zelda™ Box Set - A Closer Look at the Bookmark

jbaLWZpJPTHlvb.jpg

jbtElrrAhIVrM9.jpg

The upcoming Zelda Box Set includes a high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda™ strategies.

The bookmark is beautifully crafted from golden-plated brass. Measuring 7.5 x 2.5 inches, the bookmark comes in a clear plastic protective sleeve. One side of the bookmark is laser-etched with the Zelda logo and the other has the iconic Hyrule Crest.

The images [above] are the first to be released of the physical bookmarks. These are photographs, not artist representations.

The Zelda™ Box Set – A Closer Look at the Hardcover Books

Today we reveal some never-before-released behind the scenes photos of the guide manufacturing process to show you how the Zelda books get made. 

The Zelda collector’s edition guides are printed on high quality, 80 pound, thick matte paper. The paper rolls used by the printer weigh over 2,400 lbs each and stand nearly 7 feet tall.

When a book is printed, it is split into sections called signatures. For the Zelda books, these signatures are 16 pages each. The printer prepares the book files to go through the printer in large signature sheets (this process is called impositioning).

sheets.jpg

After all the signatures for a book are printed, they are gather together and bound into a book block.

bookblock.jpg
gilding.jpg

But what's a book without a cover? Printers call the covers of hardcover books “cases.” At first, the cases are quite plain.

Once the printer adds the gold foil stamped edging and iconic Hyrule Crest, the covers reveal their true beauty.

blankcase.jpg
foilcase.jpg

Finally, the printer marries the gilded book blocks with the hardcover cases and the book takes its final form.

boundbook.jpg
stackedbooks.jpg

scold if old

Links:
http://www.primagames.com/games/leg...-box-set-closer-look-certificate-authenticity
http://www.primagames.com/games/leg...d/strategy/zelda-box-set-closer-look-bookmark
http://www.primagames.com/strategy/zelda-box-set-hardcover-books

Frolow

Banned
Which Zelda games are covered by this?

According to the Amazon page.

"The set includes 6 hardcover collector’s editions for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD, The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else."

zroid

Banned
Which Zelda games are covered by this?

from the site:

The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword

edit: beaten 3:

suaveric

from the site:

The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword

edit: beaten 3:

Wowza, no Link Between Worlds? this set comes out after that game's release.

chrono01

I pre-ordered it when it was at 114, then cancelled.

Pre-ordered it again at 129 :(.
I had one pre-ordered at amazon.ca but I cancelled a few weeks ago.

When I heard that the signature was a print and not hand-signed, I kind of lost interest. Now, after seeing this update, I kind of want to pre-order again. ~_~

zroid

Banned
I normally don't buy these exorbitantly priced collector's things, but frankly I have been wanting to pick up these hardcover Zelda guides for some time, so the decision wasn't too difficult for me. I'm actually saving a bunch overall, and getting some bonuses too.

CPCunha

Sorry to bump this but i have a question... is the chest the only way to get the Ocarina of Time 3D guide in hardcover? i can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Top Bottom