• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Faust confirmed for Guilty Gear Xrd

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fxa7QEt.jpg

wRdK41b.jpg

Chavelo

meh, looks like they didn't chance his design at all. let me know when they announce a completely new character...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, but the wait for Jam is making me anxious.

I was never really a big Faust guy. My friends all loved him for some reason though.

is it

the bag on the head and being super freakishly tall
the fact that he fights with a giant scalpel
or his baseball bat launcher
or his awesome voice

cuz faust is just a winner on so many levels

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hes a very interesting addition because his moves are the kind you think would be only possible with 2D, theyre very heavy on the squash and stretch side of things. Really impressive if they all translate to 3D well, on top of the technical difficulties that have to be considerable.

Design wise, wish he couldave been redesigned a little bit, oh well.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of Faust, but I think the random item element and adapting your game to your item draws is a really cool and interesting dynamic for a fighting game. Arc seems to have one character like that in every game of theirs, so glad to see the original makes a return in Xrd.

I like Zappa more but I don't expect him to make it though if they're making cuts from the XX roster. If they're going the beginner friendly route I expect the hardest characters to be first up on the chopping block.

I wish they changed his look again, since he had probably the most drastic redesign from GG1 to XX. but hey the paperbag is iconic

Narroo

Not a fan of Faust, but I think the random item element and adapting your game to your item draws is a really cool and interesting dynamic for a fighting game. Arc seems to have one character like that in every game of theirs, so glad to see the original makes a return in Xrd.

That was subtle; nice.

88random

hmm, there are some new mechanics in that PDF

From one guy on DL:
Something like Blitz Block, down + two buttons that aren't D, 25%, causes clash.
And there is something 25% in RC section.

OmegaDL50

Does anyone remember when Faust used be called Dr. Baldhead and somehow this change happened from the first game to Guilty Gear X.

I wonder if they ever explained the reason for his name change.

Does anyone remember when Faust used be called Dr. Baldhead and somehow this change happened from the first game to Guilty Gear X.

I wonder if they ever explained the reason for his name change.

I believe he repented and is travelling the land helping people. I don't know if his powers were ever explained though.

I am looking forward to seeing stuff like his teleport in 3D. That will look very bizarre.

Top Bottom