• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: NFS Rivals delayed on PS4/XB1? [Update - EA: Not delayed.]

Update:

PlayStation Nation ‏@PSNation 1m

Those that may have gotten and email stating that NFS: Rivals for PS4 was delayed. I checked with PR, and it is NOT delayed.
https://twitter.com/PSNation/status/395265785561509888

Trying to reach him but no reply yet.

QQ8iTAJ.png

https://twitter.com/WillJPowers

Clearly Microsoft is waging a secret conspiracy war to make Sony's console launch look awful. Watch Dogs? Microsoft paid Ubisoft to delay it knowing that Watch Dogs is seen as a PS4 game. Driveclub? Microsoft paid Sony to delay it too. AND NOW THIS. Goddammit, Microsoft.

But seriously, that sucks. We'll probably forget all about this a year or two from now but it doesn't help that day-one feeling that there's not much to play.

Also this joke is less funny now that it seems the XB1 version is also delayed.

Also here's a free spoiler.

S¡mon

Banned
This is... disappointing. It appears that it was a really good move by Sony to bring indie developers to the PS4... lots of great games coming from those indies, which will - more or less - 'catch' game delays (like DriveClub, and now possibly NFS Rivals).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

Come the hell on, man. I switched my DriveClub pre-order to Need for Speed because I wanted a racing game.

Amazon has had that placeholder date for a while, Gamestop is still showing it as the 22nd and other sites are showing as 15th (which I think is in fact incorrect) and the 19th. So who knows what is going on.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Who woulda thought we'd be missing Ridge Racer THIS much?

Namco dropped the ball for RR quality for long time now (see 3DS and Vita versions) and Bugbear's Unbounded most likely killed the ip .

I think Sony biggest mistake was not having a PS4 version of GT6.

Dante

Weren't they ONLY showing the PS4 version at events? Wonder if the Xbone version isn't up to snuff yet and it's causing a delay?

Elios83

It's the Ridge Racer curse :D
Hopefully they can still release it this year and I have a feeling the fault here is not of the PS4 version :p

Amazon has had that placeholder date for a while, Gamestop is still showing it as the 22nd and other sites are showing as 15th (which I think is in fact incorrect) and the 19th. So who knows what is going on.

hopefully the change of date e-mails are just coming from those other sites.

please please please... I was fine waiting a week for this, but I need a racer with my new console.

IF this is true, I think it's rather easy to say the XB1 version is to blame. When EA recently showed off Rivals to the press, the only version that wan't present was the XB1 version.

I don't think EA would release a PS4 version and have an XB1 version showing up weeks later.

Damn this probably legit, EA's earnings and stuff is happening today so if they were to announce a delay now would probably ve the time.

Well that's disappointing for racing fans who were looking for an alternative to Driveclub

madmackem

Will be a shame, maybe just the delay till 22nd to line up with next gen xb1 launch. I hope so anyway this has looked like the best looking next gen racer so far.

Kysen

After the BF comparisons EA must have freaked out. Can't be having more fallout, back to the drawing board.

Top Bottom