• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired: See What’s Inside the PlayStation 4 With These Exclusive Photos

gruenel

Inside Sony headquarters, at the heart of Tokyo’s Shinagawa district, Yasuhiro Ootori is about to reveal something that almost no one outside the Japanese tech giant has ever seen: the inside of a PlayStation 4.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/11/ps4-gallery/
Full res imgur album
Teardown video
20131016-JAPAN-0382edit-660x440.jpg

Thanks to ElTorro, grandmaster of GIFs:

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Engineering perfection. Nothing wasted. An incredible box really, their best.

20131016-JAPAN-0563_edit-660x440.jpg

A closeup of the green motherboard. The central processor is that big thing on the right, surrounded by eight memory chips. The other eight memory chips are on the other side of the board.

Now I finally understand the memory setup, kind of.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Love me some pictures of heatsinks. All that copper tubing and aluminium engineered to perfection. Oh yeah, baby.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Cool. Now I know what I'm looking at when I have to replace my first through third blu-ray drives!!!!

Yeah, a little salty...

But on that note, that tiny PCB to the top sure looks like they are using married drive controllers again... FUCK. Did that actually do anything to thwart piracy? Oh well. Out of the three drives I lost only one was the controller.

nib95

Banned
Tbh, it's close to how I pictured it would look. Even from the directional fan component, layout etc. Sophisticated design. Wish they had more pics.

20131016-JAPAN-0516_edit-660x440.jpg

Top Bottom