• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mad Max due April 2014, Just Cause 3 in summer 2014

salromano

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/mad_m...g_april_2014_just_cause_3_in_summer_2015.html

Avalanche Studios boss Christofer Sundberg may have revealed release dates for Mad Max and the unannounced Just Cause 3.

Though the studio head's LinkedIn profile doesn't mention the two titles by name, Sundberg states that "Avalanche Studios first licensed game, developed based on a well-known movie license... is scheduled for release in April 2014".

That title, presumably, is Mad Max.

He also states that an "unannounced sandbox action game" from Square-Enix, referred to as a "new installment in a very well-known game series", is "being developed at Avalanche Studios New York studio and is scheduled for completion in June 2015 for next generation console platforms."

The title is thought to be Just Cause 3.

I checked his LinkedIn. Apparently the April 2014 mention for Mad Max has been removed, but the June 2015 completion for the Square Enix game is still there.

Scanna

Just Cause 3 is - as of right now - my most anticipated title, together with Mirror's Edge 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 (a man can dream)

I hope Mad Max is good, been waiting for a decent Max game for years. I would be a bit pissed if it turned out to be a load of shit.

salromano

Sorry, guys, I love you all.

I PM'd a mod about the title change, so hopefully people will be less disappointed upon entering soon.

Haven't really been anticipating them or anything but Just Cause 2 was legitimately some of the most fun I've ever had playing videogames. Regardless of the repetitive world and bad story, it had the most enjoyable, ridiculous gameplay I've ever experienced.

KeRaSh

I alrready knew Summer 2014 couldn't be real but I'm still disappointed... :(
Well, if Mad Max turns out OK it might be able to dry my tears. Next gen JC3 will be glorious.

This. They showed the game at E3 and Gamescom, why can't we get a taste of it?
Exactly, I thought by now we would have seen something worth it, the trailer they released wasn't that exciting.

Well if it's released April, then discs are pressed march which is about 4 months away, so It should be ready to show now, easily.
and that is a problem, what is taking them so long ?!, Are they avoiding the Next Gen launch titles fuzz ?!

Top Bottom