• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGF 2014 - Indie devs of GAF, post your entries!

Those who follow the indie scene are probably aware of IGF 2014, where developers across the globe enter their games to be showcased and voted on.

And I'm sure many of you know that GAF is home to a thriving community of passionate and talented developers, who work their asses off to deliver incredible titles for us to experience

So GAF's indie developers, here's the place for you to showcase your IGF entries. Post your games, maybe some info, screenshots, the like. You guys deserve the spotlight.

Paz

Sycle and I entered our game Assault Android Cactus, it's quite a traditional style game so I'm not sure how it'll go but you can't win if you don't enter :)

http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2014.php?id=5335

floorchange.gif

filament.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

(Let me know if that's too many gifs, they are just way better than images :p)

It's a twin stick shoot em up that combines a lot of traditional twin stick action with bullet hell style enemies & bosses, dynamic shifting levels, and has up to four player co-op with each character using a very unique set of weapons (Again inspired by bullet hell shmups).

kodecraft

Sycle and I entered our game Assault Android Cactus, it's quite a traditional style game so I'm not sure how it'll go but you can't win if you don't enter :)

floorchange.gif

filament.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

It's a twin stick shoot em up that combines a lot of traditional twin stick action with bullet hell style enemies & bosses, dynamic shifting levels, and has up to four player co-op with each character using a very unique set of weapons (Again inspired by bullet hell shmups).

This is HYPE!!

floorchange.gif

filament.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

Can't wait to play this on PS4! :D

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Paz! And there's no such thing as too many GIFs, especially when they're as awesome as AAC's

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

I have no idea what's going on here, but I now feel pretty stoked to play this. It looks mental!

FuuRe

This looks fantastic, very nice work!

Can i ask what do you guys used to create this? Which language and utilities.

Please, i just know a little xna and monogame and already feel it isn't enough, i can clearly be wrong though

Paz

Cheers folks :D But wait till you see some of the other GAF Indie games before going nuts, there are a boatload of talented devs on this forum!

This looks fantastic, very nice work!

Can i ask what do you guys used to create this? Which language and utilities.

Please, i just know a little xna and monogame and already feel it isn't enough, i can clearly be wrong though

We're using Unity with Jscript, if you're confident with XNA you would be fine with Unity, very simple & powerful tool.

Utilities wise we're just using the standard things you would expect - Max/Photoshop, and a few unity plugins with NGUI (Although you might not need that when the new version of Unity is out with better UI tools) a simple audio middleware to help manage our data and the popular steam api plugin.

Actually only Sycle is using Photoshop, I use Gimp to save money :p And I edit our videos in Blender for the same reason haha.

Zia

There is no open voting process. Judging began at the beginning of Nov, and a group of judges, specialized in each category, will whittle it down to a smaller (than approx 600) group of nominations which the jury will then use to create the official nominations in each category.

Edit: There is an Audience Award, which FTL won last year and Frozen Synapse the year before that, I think.

There is no open voting process. Judging began at the beginning of Nov, and a group of judges, specialized in each category, will whittle it down to a smaller (than approx 600) group of nominations which the jury will then create to create the official nominations in each category.
Didn't realize that was how it worked. Thanks for the clarification

Paz

You just sold me the game. Nice.

Some times I feel like those GIF's have generated more interest than any gaming website who covered us :p <3 GAF

Surprised there are no other indies talking about their entry, wonder if it's just the time of day or few entered this year?

Strider

Wow I had no idea members of GAF were the devs of AAC. I've been keeping my eye on it. Looks like a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see what some other gaffers are working on too.

Wookieomg

Looks great! Really looking forward to this!

F-Pina

Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon - Site | IGF

A strange murder has occurred in the Hotel Lisbon, a man committed suicide with 14 stabs to the back while at the same time he peacefully drank his coffee. This case with contradictory facts was too complex for Policeman Garcia to solve, so he decided to hire the only detective duo in town capable of solving it: the mythical Detective Case and the unmistakable Clown Bot. Together, they will solve a network of love relations so complex and so intricate, that it would take at least 14 clairvoyants, 5 apocalyptic sect prophets who can predict the end of the world and 3 of those gypsies that can read the palm of your hand just to guess the final outcome.

screenshot_anim_03.gif
screenshot_anim_05.gif
screenshot_anim_04.gif
screenshot_anim_11.gif

f8UZPB4PS8uDWZz5zTtL_cover_en_450.jpg

We are currently on pre-orders on our website and Desura :)

Added Hotel Lisbon and Kromaia

So far I've played AAC and Kromaia. Guys, Kromaia is struggling for support on Indiegogo. Check it out if you're interested. What I played was fun, frantic, and stylish, and had tons of potential and polish; it was be a shame for it to be so underfunded

Hydrargyrus

Added Hotel Lisbon and Kromaia

So far I've played AAC and Kromaia. Guys, Kromaia is struggling for support on Indiegogo. Check it out if you're interested. What I played was fun, frantic, and stylish, and had tons of potential and polish; it was be a shame for it to be so underfunded

Thanks a lot!

GulAtiCa

floorchange.gif

filament.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

That looks awesome!

iamvin22

Industry Verified

floorchange.gif

filament.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

umm you just sold me on this, thanks ;)

FuuRe

Cheers folks :D But wait till you see some of the other GAF Indie games before going nuts, there are a boatload of talented devs on this forum!

We're using Unity with Jscript, if you're confident with XNA you would be fine with Unity, very simple & powerful tool.

Utilities wise we're just using the standard things you would expect - Max/Photoshop, and a few unity plugins with NGUI (Although you might not need that when the new version of Unity is out with better UI tools) a simple audio middleware to help manage our data and the popular steam api plugin.

Actually only Sycle is using Photoshop, I use Gimp to save money :p And I edit our videos in Blender for the same reason haha.

Thanks a lot Paz, i just downloaded the latest unity and looks great, much more friendly than VS and the included assets are a nice addition for testing stuff

Is Unity a 3d only engine??? can i work on 2d on it?

I'll be better catching things with a tutorial though, that also seems very dev friendly on unity since the startup screen links you to tutorials and assets, really nice

I'll be cheering for you dude at the IGF (over the internet lol), your game is awesome, i'm really amazed of your work guys

Also the gifs, nice piece of marketing

^^^
Yeah, GIFs are the best. I actually enjoy them more than trailers, because they capture the essence of a game in only a few seconds.

Anyway, anyone else?

Not sure if IGF is still going on, but I'm sure there are more than seven submissions from GAFfers

Hope to see what other games have been worked on by GAF

Hey, hey - super late to the party but do have an entry to show.

Our game is Cuphead - Site | IGF

Cuphead-CaptainSilver.gif

Cuphead-TheGreatSlime.gif

Cuphead is a run 'n gun - but instead of individual levels - you play bosses only (influenced by Contra III/HC & Gunstar Heroes). The visuals and audio are heavily inspired by the 1930's cartoon era.

Top Bottom