• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct launch trailer- Fulgore returns

Probably the most badass launch trailer I've seen. Hot damn.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H-hDsVbDEg
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/k...buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

zPL3weW.png

fulgore_610.jpg

I gotta admit, I'm not a big fighting game fan, but that trailer was pretty awesome.

Hope Fulgore gets a full reveal soon.

Was super worried about how he'd turn out considering how the design work has been all over the place. He looks pretty awesome here though.

Can't wait what to see what he looks like in full tomorrow.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That announcer's voice makes my eyeballs tingle. This is an eyeball-tingling game, alright.

I'll wait before judging Fulgore, but his silhouette looks cool!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
hahaha Announcer is so great at the end. Should have been the start up sound for the console.

shandy706

So I guess Spinal in Jan. and Fulgore in Mar.?

Story Mode and Fulgore in March will be great.

I've got such a busy weekend...forgot my father-in-law's Bday is this weekend too...on top of taking my daughter to the Clemson football game Saturday....man, I'm not going to get to play much! LOL

Moofers

TELL YOUR PARENTS TO BUY YOY BONESTORM OR GO TO HELL!

Seriously though, fucking awesome trailer. Gets me sooo hyped for this game, but then I remember how they're fucking it all up by basically putting it out before its ready and ensuring the online scene will be a Jago-fest.

For me, this game doesn't actually come out until I get my Xbone next year. I'm pretending its in beta or something in the meantime.

Sponge

Banned
Seriously though, fucking awesome trailer. Gets me sooo hyped for this game, but then I remember how they're fucking it all up by basically putting it out before its ready and ensuring the online scene will be a Jago-fest.

Oh it's ready. They've spent a lot of time working on getting the gameplay down right. I'd rather have dozens of characters to look forward to in the future then have a certain amount forever.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
i was going to say this

i dunno what to think about him

i want a classic looking fulgore :(

Kinda reminds me of a Cobra B.A.T. And I'm... REALLY ok with this, as that's probably the first US cartoon Mechanical soldier beast I think of, alongside those from Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future...

code%20name%20cobra%20bat.jpg
team08jv7.jpg

Watch his accessories make him looks just like something out of Captain Power...

ANYWAY, they'll be a classic costume Fulgore, so everyone will (eventually, we promise!) get their classic look to.

I like that he still looks like ARMOR.

Moofers

Oh it's ready. They've spent a lot of time working on getting the gameplay down right. I'd rather have dozens of characters to look forward to in the future then have a certain amount forever.

No, its not.

-The online is quick-match only, no lobbies for you and your friends.
-The training mode only features Jago.
-There is no story mode until next year.
-There are SIX characters. SIX.

Say what you want about the price, but its 1/3rd of a fighting game. Critical stuff like lobbies, story, and training mode are not on the table. Plus I don't mind a lower roster count, but 6 is ridiculous. Take any fighting game other than Street Fighter II and you can basically take 25% of its roster and consider it top tier. What's 25% of 6? Not enough.

That all sounds really negative like I'm shitting on it, but I'm really just kind of upset that MS seems to be treating what could be their system's BEST game next year like a 2nd class citizen by launching it too soon. Its obvious Double Helix is doing an incredible job, but they need more time and I'm kind of upset that MS didn't give it to them. Imagine what the game could look like if they let it come out next fall with a full roster and all the modes we've come to expect from our fighters? As it is, I'm concerned people will write it off or that it will never break out of the mindset that its a free game and not something of value. I'm also worried the online community will die quickly without lobbies and a large Jago population.

Anyway, I'm derailing the topic. Sorry. Those of you who are getting it tomorrow should be excited and don't listen to my jaded ramblings.

zainetor

Banned
No, its not.

-The online is quick-match only, no lobbies for you and your friends.
-The training mode only features Jago.
-There is no story mode until next year.
-There are SIX characters. SIX.
all the modes we've come to expect from our fighters?

Bolded is incorrect. Dojo mode features jago, but Its only purpose is to teach the basics of the genre.
Training mode is a complete different thing.

Top Bottom