• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread

cvxfreak

Please click here for the Official GAF Nintendo WiFi Connection Animal Crossing code listing. (thanks demi)

B0009Z3MQK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0002FQD8G.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

NA BOXART <-> JPN BOXART

Game Name:: Animal Crossing: Wild World (NA), Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori (JPN)
Platform: Nintendo DS
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: Nov 23 (JPN), Dec 5 (NA), Dec 8 (AU)
Price: $34.99 (USA), 4800 Yen (JPN)
Official Website: Official Japanese Website
Special Feature: Compatible with Nintendo WiFi Connection

Move into a living, breathing world... and invite friends to visit from anywhere on earth. Days and seasons pass in real time, so whether you want to decorate your home, catch bugs or fish, or just chat with the characters in your village, there's always something to do.

Features:

Players and up to three friends can hang out in the same village and interact in real time – either through wireless LAN or over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Now players can visit a friend’s village from thousands of miles away.

The touch screen simplifies item management and world navigation. Tap the touch screen to type letters, draw designs for clothing or wallpaper, drag clothing or items onto characters or just lead them around the world.

Much of the cast of the original Animal Crossing returns, including animals of all shapes and personality types: K.K. Slider, Tom Nook, Blathers, Mr. Resetti and more. There are also a number of new characters.

Please discuss the game here! You can leave your codes in this thread, although demi's will be easier. Please leave important information in, such as your name, town name, etc.

Amir0x

Banned
Worst game ever made? Seems so.

Now that that's out of the way, seems like a good place to confine this plague. Stickied.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Good Work Polg, Stole my Idea :p

Anyway want I want to know is if I have to buy two copies of this like a have with Mario Kart so my brother does'nt use my Identity :(

demi

I dunno how to set up the Animal Crossing WiFi page yet, so hopefully you Japan users can give me a lowdown as to how the game works so I can figure out what info should be added and whatnot

demi

Matlock said:
Well, all you really need is friend codes still, I believe.

Well yeah I know that, but does Animal Crossing have website connectivity similar to Tony Hawk?

Amir0x said:
Since I consider the first AC the worst game ever made, worse than even shit like Catwoman and Fantastic Four on the original PSX, I'm pretty sure no matter how boring or shitty Zoo Keeper it is AC will have it wrapped up under its little thumb!

Tree cutting mafia better chop down a tree in my honor, though.

I'll make the swear word in my town "Amir0x" for you!

Timen

Now i know the purpose of the friends list, i will personally hunt down ANYBODY who chops down my trees or loots my fruit.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Error2k4 said:
Tekuno wtf? go play some Mario Kart :) I'm searching for opponents.
I'm really sorry but I'm about to go to bed. I just finished with some work and I need to hit the sack. Thanks for the offer though.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
They still calling it Animal Forest in Japan? WHat's the subtitle there?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'll dust off this photoshop for old times sake...

chain_gang.jpg

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
So is there anything new item/plant/insect/fish/tool-wise? I haven't seen a screen yet featuring anything I can't get in my GC town.

Spencerr

Banned
Lindsay said:
So is there anything new item/plant/insect/fish/tool-wise? I haven't seen a screen yet featuring anything I can't get in my GC town.

I grabbed a brochure in a local retailer, it said something like over 650 new items.

polg

this thread is growing very slowly!

we need more hype.

has anybody gone back to AC on the gamecube? I've been thinking I'll do that a week before the release... just to get back on "crack" slowly :p

then my social skills will slowly wrotten til I only leave my flat to get food at night and maybe during the day to scare kids with my hook.

Gahiggidy

The JPN boxart is better as you can make out more of the detail. Plus, the two worlds imply that you can visit other towns.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Spencerr said:
I grabbed a brochure in a local retailer, it said something like over 650 new items.

That's really not much considering there's over 1300 items total in the GC version and 580+ of them are for furniture. 650+ divided by like 10 subcategories of stuff really sucks...

Top Bottom