• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echoing and Volume issues on Ps4 Party Chat

Does anyone else have issues in the party chat on PS4 with constantly hearing yourself echo? I've tried four different mics to no avail. In addition the four friends I know who own this console report the same issue. The other issue I have is that even with the volume turned all the way up through the adjust device settings the voice chat still remains extremely quiet..again I've tried multiple mics but would love others input.

The echoing is fairly faint/minor most of the time but seems when you have 3-4 players in your chat you can not only hear yourself echo but hear one or more of the other players echoing. This can be extremely annoying and frustrating because I have never had echoing or volume issues on the vita party chat. I'm assuming I'm not alone I'm just really surprised I haven't heard any vocalization on the subject. This is especially irksome after participating in an Xbox One party chat which sounds skype quality with no volume or echoing issues.

macewank

The echo for me was because of the crappy headset it comes with. Make sure nobody in your party is using it and I bet it clears up. Apparently it picks up audio output on the mic

Edit: to clarify, it doesn't matter what headset YOU use, it's the other person echoing your words back

The echo for me was because of the crappy headset it comes with. Make sure nobody in your party is using it and I bet it clears up. Apparently it picks up audio output on the mic

Edit: to clarify, it doesn't matter what headset YOU use, it's the other person echoing your words back

So it's picking up my voice on someone else's headset? Thanks for that I'll let them know and give that a shot

boohowc

Banned
usually caused by someone in the party with a mic with no noise cancelling i believe hear it all the time in lobbies on xbl

CREMSteve

No issues communicating with people using the bundled headset for me. Quality has been really good, actually. A lot better than I expected from that ear bud.

As a future ps4 buyer i think its very dissapointing all his friends have to buy new headsets because the one packed in is of such poor quality

No one else has this issue? I just tried with my friend I was using a turtle beach and he was using a headset that came with his phone and we could both still hear echos

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,do we have a root cause ? I am still hearing myself when in a party ,also my friend we play together himself.Anyone else .

Tried with the stock headset and Steelseries Syberia V2

no echo but that horrid microphone is sensitive as hell. playing coop with my buddy I could hear his heart thumping. was kind of bizarre. (I use a chat cable with my 7.1 headset)

Esqueleto

Banned
Yeah I always hear 2 echoes when I talk. It happens with both the packed in headset and my phone's headset.

Edit: I used to have this problem in mumble with my phone's headset but some noise canceling setting fixed it.

Do you own a smart phone? Plug that headset in. Problem solved for free.

Yeah but no headset. I'll grab one and give it a shot though.

Would it have killed them to just make a proper headset? Would that have really broken the bank and destroyed the $400 price mark? I think I'm actually going to just get a cheap adapter and use my 360 headset. It's sad that something from 2005 is better than the chunk of crap Sony gave us.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I have the same issues as the OP. Volume too low and occasional echo happens. I have to turn the TV down in order to hear right.

EL CUCO

I just bouht a new s4 for my wife. Comes with earbudgs but no headset...problem not solved as easily as you suggest

Use the earbuds. That's what I use off of my S3. Audio plays fine and includes a mic in the line that everybody hears me perfect on. Only con is the quick mute button doesn't work. Have to go into the party lobby for mute

RoadHazard

Gold Member
the update needs to get here quick so we can start testing current BT mics and headsets.

BT headsets? I believe the update is only supposed to add support for more USB headsets, Sony hasn't mentioned BT support at all AFAIK. Which really annoys me, because that's what I used on my PS3 and would like to use on my PS4. It's sad to see Sony moving backwards in terms of supporting standard accessories.

No issues using the bundled mono headset!

I've heard an echo in maybe 2-3 matches I've played out of over 100. I always assume it has something to do with a person using the camera mic and playing all the audio, voice included, out of their tv, which in turn is picked up by the camera. I can usually hear other people's games going on too in these scenarios. I doubt it's about the pack-in earbud.

majik13

I get echo sometimes. I use a TB headset. And looking at the party chat menu I would get echo back from only 1 of my friends. And it doesnt sound like it is his mic picking ip my voice from his speaker. The audio I am getting back of my voice souds crystal clear, just my voice with no other audio. Its also super annoying.

I have had this issues with other players as well, and I dont think the problem is consistent either. Sometimes it is fine with the same friend.

A solution would be awesome. Not really sure what mic my buddy was using. But my other friend also using a TB headset in the party was also getting echo from the same friend as me.

Recall

How is your Internet connection?

When mine my Internet is playing up voice chat begins acting up too. I think it's tied to your upload speed but I'm not sure if that's a common thing it just me though.

majik13

Hearing myself louder than my friend on the other side is really annoying

yeah they really need to have better settings for chat. Some friends sound fine, while others are too quite.

On the ps3 you had a mic senstivity setting that showed the volume levels of your voice. They need to add that back to the audio device settings on PS4. So you can see some visual feedback

Top Bottom