• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Controller's not working on NBA 2k14 (Xbone)

ChrisV

So I purchased NBA 2k14 (digital version). I was able to play the quick game while it was installing, but towards the end of the game, the controllers stopped working. Now the game is installed, and neither of my controllers do ANYTHING on the game. Has anyone had this problem yet? Other games are fine.

Atlas157

Try uninstalling it, and install it again to see if it changes anything.

If that doesn't work, then it could be a bug.

ChrisV

I uninstalled and reinstalled (which took about 6 hours), and now one controller works. If I turn on the second controller, the first controller stops working. I don't get it. How can something so basic like that be screwed up?! Any other ideas?

enoki

Is it the Day One Edition controller?
If you check out the Xbox support forums, it seems like a megaton of people are having issues with that controller.

ChrisV

Is it the Day One Edition controller?
If you check out the Xbox support forums, it seems like a megaton of people are having issues with that controller.

It is the Day One controller. I wish I knew about it before I bought it. I had people over all excited to play and it sucked to wait through the install, have it not work, install it again and not have the install finish until after 3:00AM when everyone was long gone.

quick lets blow this out of proportion like the defective analog sticks on all PS4s....

seriously though: I hope you have a receipt sounds defective-

ChrisV

quick lets blow this out of proportion like the defective analog sticks on all PS4s....

I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion at all. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem. Also, it was a digital purchase, so I'm pretty much screwed I think.

Liamario

Banned
Pre order cancel..... Shit it's already out
also, I never preordered.

There's going to be flaws, so let's hope this doesn't get overblown.

Bgamer90

Banned
My cousin had his kinect next to his speaker and that was giving him issues with the controller. It was fine once he moved the kinect.

This issue stated with NBA 2K14 might be the game itself though.

ChrisV

Every other game is fine. Both controllers work on KI. I've had no problems with Kinect itself. Even when games are loud, it can pick my voice out. I'm waiting for a chat with MS. See if maybe I can get some money back and get something else or something at all.

Respawn

Banned

The walls are still standing man calm down.
My cousin had his kinect next to his speaker and that was giving him issues with the controller. It was fine once he moved the kinect.

This issue stated with NBA 2K14 might be the game itself though.

So what's the other issues on the xbox support forum?

ChrisV

MS giving me the runaround and saying there's nothing they can do for me about the issue and to file a dispute with my bank for the transaction. What a joke. UGH. Last time I purchase a digital full price game.

ChrisV

So I ended up trying a chat with the billing department. After explaining everything, and based on me being a member for over 10 years, they refunded the purchase. The game still works though. Can they disable a license on their end? Just curious if I scored a free game.

jtrov

This is the only game where I've encountered an issue with my controller not responding in-game (Day One edition / Works every where but in game). It's only happened to me twice, but both times I was able to rectify it by signing out and signing back in. Really freaked me out though the first time it happened, and turning the system off and on did nothing. Only got it to work by logging out and back in, but it could've been pure coincidence.

ChrisV

This is the only game where I've encountered an issue with my controller not responding in-game (Day One edition / Works every where but in game). It's only happened to me twice, but both times I was able to rectify it by signing out and signing back in. Really freaked me out though the first time it happened, and turning the system off and on did nothing. Only got it to work by logging out and back in, but it could've been pure coincidence.

The logging out and in did not work for me. The game is still there even though it was refunded. Very strange.

Bsigg12

The logging out and in did not work for me. The game is still there even though it was refunded. Very strange.

It'll stay on the hard drive until you uninstall it. It'll just ask if you own the disc version and if not do you want to buy it on the store.

ChrisV

It'll stay on the hard drive until you uninstall it. It'll just ask if you own the disc version and if not do you want to buy it on the store.

Hmmm...I'm still able to launch the game. Maybe they're just letting me keep it. Now I can't decide what other game to get.

Top Bottom