• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai's Daily Image: StreetPass Quest (Find Mii) stage confirmed for SSB 3DS

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GIPcvIx.jpg

"Pic of the day. Pop quiz! Who is this monster, and where is it from? The cage may serve as a hint."

It's possible that it could be playable stage for 3DS, but it could be only for Boss Battle. I really hope that it would be playable stage, since it look awesome.

sakipon

I like this idea. Great that they're accepting the Streetpass games into the Nintendo universe.

Jawmuncher

That's pretty cool for the 3DS version.
Regardless I hope that Nintendo throws us a new character and stage at VGX.
Seems to me they're going to have a reel of their upcoming games and new features.

Madao

wouldn't having the Mii as a playable character be the closest to a character creator tool for this game?

Regiruler

wouldn't having the Mii as a playable character be the closest to a character creator tool for this game?

Yeah, in the most immature way possible in some regards.

I'd be against it because people would just use it to create either purposely ugly miis or ones that look vaguely like butts.

Kouichi

Awesome stage! I never beat Find Mii 2 so I didn't recognize the monster.

Also, I'm totally down for playable Miis.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, in the most immature way possible in some regards.

I'd be against it because people would just use it to create either purposely ugly miis or ones that look vaguely like butts.
The Wii U is built around people being able to share Miis. Recently Mario 3D World has Miis walking around the level select map spewing their Miiverse comments. Ugly Miis will not be an issue exclusive to Smash Bros.

Regiruler

The Wii U is built around people being able to share Miis. Recently Mario 3D World has Miis walking around the level select map spewing their Miiverse comments. Ugly Miis will not be an issue exclusive to Smash Bros.

But that's one less slot that could potentially be Hades!

Platy

Only if it is LITERALY just the character creation, since the moves will be probably unchangeable and based on Mii Plaza and Wii Sports and things like that

PokéKong

It's a transitioning stage, except instead of changing every few seconds, it uses your streetpass data and moves forward over the course of several months.

OMG Aero

PokéKong;92223679 said:
It's a transitioning stage, except instead of changing every few seconds, it uses your streetpass data and moves forward over the course of several months.
And at some point you have to streetpass a mii with a white shirt otherwise you can never play the stage again.

Platy

Also, just realised that this kinda proves my point on a discussion I had LONG TIME AGO with some friends that every single Mii Plaza games were new IPs and they keep saying that it belonged to the "Wii Sports/Mii" IP

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also, just realised that this kinda proves my point on a discussion I had LONG TIME AGO with some friends that every single Mii Plaza games were new IPs and they keep saying that it belonged to the "Wii Sports/Mii" IP

Technically, they are apart of Mii IP but it's sticky situation tho. I'm glad that we are getting variable stages from different franchises. Hopefully they would keep it up with the stages, and gimme me Duck Hunt stage. :p

PokéKong

Your friends are wack. If this stage somehow turns out to roll all the plaza games into one and includes Monster Manor and Mii Force I will personally feel insulted on behalf of those very legit games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
One weird thing about this picture is that Sakurai didn't make any point that it's a new stage or so. So far he always outright confirmed new stages every time he shown the picture of new stages, but he didn't this time.

One weird thing about this picture is that Sakurai didn't make any point that it's a new stage or so. So far he always outright confirmed new stages every time he shown the picture of new stages, but he didn't this time.

Not true, actually.

Remember they showed the sky portion of the Galaxy stage and he hinted at the background being familiar. This was quite a while before they officially unveiled the Galaxy stage.

King Boo

i wonder how miis will work if playable. maybe the mii can hold a 3ds or wii u controller, and tilt b would show the mii button mashing to conjure a digital hammer? idk, but it could be like a green lantern ring or something

the ultimate smash could be all non mii characters get turned into miis, and a mii stampede comes and runs them over

Top Bottom