• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using the Dual Shock 4 for PC gaming is working great!

Zep

Banned
Seems like we finally got a set of drivers that work really well. I've been able to use my PS4 controller with every PC title I have that supports the 360 controller. All credit goes to InhexSTER @ pcsx2forums.

You can download his latest version here

Original thread here

Going wired allows for rumble and making your LED light any color you want through a color slider, which is pretty awesome to see for yourself. These features are not yet available with the wireless version.

Wired instructions:

-Connect DS4 to computer, it should automatically download some drivers(some people have already done this step connecting their controllers)

-Unzip the file and open the folder you downloaded from above

-Go into the virtual bus driver folder

-Open Scpdriver, then click install when inside program. After it completes click exit.

-Go to the first page of the folder and open "Scpserver"

-You should see "Controller 1 xxxxxx" in the top left. If you do, click it and you should now be set.

-Use the options menu on the right to toggle the rumble and LED lights.

Wireless instructions:
Full video demo from creator here -- Starts at 1:30 mark.

-If you're using Windows 7 like myself and it gives you three options for pairing, try using the manual pair code option with the code "0000". I make this suggestion because when I first tried going wireless and told the computer to automatically pair, it wouldn't recognize the controller.

Note: Seems you must have a 2.1 dongle for this to work, so YMMV.
Note 2: Holding the PS button for 10 seconds turns off the controller.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Cool beans thanks for the thread will test out when I finally play The Batman games this week.

antitrop

I just got a Dualshock 4 a few days ago, with the intention of using it only as a PC controller for the time being (will be getting a PS4 some time next year) and I've absolutely been loving it so far.

Except for that God damn stupid fucking light bar. That thing is evil. Pure concentrated evil.

chadskin

Does the touchpad work for mouse input? Would be the final nail in the coffin for me to ditch the 360 controller for the DS4.

Great work. Still no touchpad, speaker, gyro, analog face button, or headphone port support, though (and rumble/light bar feature only works wired mode right now, as mentioned in the OP). I imagine that stuff would have to come from Sony, not sure. Not sure which controller I like better for PC: DS4, Xbox One, or Wii U Pro. They all have their quirks and advantages...

Is there currently any solution for the sticking R1 button? Or is it just take it apart to clean it? Cause that shit is ass.

Eusis

Just put the sliders (using the program in OP) all the way to the left and it shuts it off.
Incidentally this seemed to prove you can have them much dimmer, perhaps battery life would be way better if they opted for minimal brightness rather than blasting it out?

I'll mess with this again, but last time I tried Dark Souls still didn't work, and the prior update had some response issues with Arkham Origins, thinking I kept holding the stick in one direction or whatever before correcting itself.

Chavelo

Still waiting for the unofficial Xbox One controller support....

might just sell my controller and get a ds4 instead...

Salex_

Awesome hope official drivers come but severely doubt it :(

I'm wondering why they wouldn't release official drivers? Since the DS4 is well received and could be the go to controller for PC gamers, why wouldn't they officially support it? $$$ waiting to be made.
Is there currently any solution for the sticking R1 button? Or is it just take it apart to clean it? Cause that shit is ass.
Interesting. I'm having a slight sticky L2 problem when releasing the trigger. It's fucking annoying if I have to constantly use the button. Anyone out there know how to fix this? Or if Sony/Amazon would replace the controller?

There was a solution posted somewhere on here

Anybody got a link?

In 2014 I believe Sony has said.

I'm wondering why they wouldn't release official drivers? Since the DS4 is well received and could be the go to controller for PC gamers, why wouldn't they officially support it? $$$ waiting to be made.

That would certainly be the smart move imo but for whatever reason Sony never seemed that interested in doing so. Maybe they've changed? (No DS3 support etc.)

Awesome software! I have a few questions though:

Do I have to leave the options menu open for it to save my color/rumble function? everytime I set it then exit out it resets all values...

Also for a wireless connection do i have to purchase a separate device (like a USB Blue Tooth Dongle) If so which one is suggested for best price/performance?

Zep

Banned
Awesome software! I ahve a few questions though:

Do I have to leave the options menu open for it to save my color/rumble function? everytime I set it then exit out it resets all values...

Make sure you're not closing the actual program. After you click the close button in the options menu, everything should stick.

Also for a wireless connection do i have to purchase a separate device (like a USB Blue Tooth Dongle) If so which one is suggested for best price/performance?

http://www.iogear.com/product/GBU421/

Is what I use and it works great.

7Vita

Neo Member
Fantastic.

Really hoping for touchpad control of the mouse, that will make PC gaming from the sofa a real pleasure, no more having to reach for the Bluetooth mouse.

Love the DS4 :)

Keirnoth

Banned
I'm guessing if I want to use the triggers as buttons and the games I play don't support XInput, I'm SOL at the moment?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm guessing if I want to use the triggers as buttons and the games I play don't support XInput, I'm SOL at the moment?

DS4 is a standard HID input device. Dinput will work fine. Xinput games will require the program in the OP.

Damaniel

Banned
Considering that the wireless adapter for my 360 controller just died, and I happen to have a spare DS4 laying around, I'm glad to see that somebody's made the effort to get it working in Windows. I'll have to try it when I get home later.

I've been using this since yesterday and this morning my computer couldn't boot and prompted me to restore to a previous session.

I'm suspecting SCP as the culprit. Maybe disconnecting the device before shutting down would remedy this problem in the future. Otherwise, it works great.

Zen

Banned
I don't even own a PS4 yet, but getting a DS4 has been a no brainer, I can use it to get caught up on some steam ports, and for legal emu of my older games.

Keirnoth

Banned
DS4 is a standard HID input device. Dinput will work fine. Xinput games will require the program in the OP.

The issue here is that the triggers on the PS4 controller show up as triggers, not buttons. There's a few games out there that can't recognize the "Z axis" (the axis that these triggers use) as anything *but* axises. I had this issue when I had an X360 controller on my computer - I had to use XBCD to basically reconfigure the driver to send the LT and RT buttons as button presses and not trigger presses.

I'm wondering if the PS4 controller has the same issue.

Odrion

Banned
Hmm, when you connect the controller through Bluetooth and usb it detects the controller as two devices.

BigDug13

My wireless 360 controller and wireless dongle supports rumble and the headset port on PC. I'll make the switch when they get a driver going that allows those things wirelessly on the PS4 controller.

Really happy that this is progressing though. Great job so far.

Lazaro

I really want to see PC devs adding official support for DS4 and DS3. That means correct button icons for my games. PC is after all no mans land.

Apparently there are published Mac Games that officially support DS3? I know Apple added some unofficial support for the controller in one of the Snow Leopard updates.

Super Muffin

Neo Member
I'm really enjoying this tool, but my DS4 just started making annoying clicking sounds when I move the right stick.

Oh well, small victories right?

Top Bottom