• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY ver. 1.2 Update Now Available (Fixes certain Wi-Fi exploits)

The latest patch for Pokémon XY is currently available on the eShop. It is required if you plan on going online, so you'll need to update if you are planning to do any online activities, including battles. This update also includes the 1.1 update from earlier, so if you didn't have that, this includes it. The patch is 236 blocks in size, so make space :p

X Version
J2VnxPB.png

Y Version
uLmSwRf.png

1.2 Change Log (December 13th):
Fixes an occasional bug causing Pokémon not to learn new moves after evolving through Wonder Trade.
Fixes an occasional bug where certain captions for Trainer PR Videos were not unlocked in Lumiose City.
Updates an Internet communication issue.

1.1 Change Log (October 25th):
Prevents the occurrence of a rare issue in which players are unable to resume playing after saving their game in certain areas of Lumiose City. More info Players already affected by this issue will also be able to resume playing normally after downloading and installing this update data.
Prevents errors which sometimes occur when using certain functions of the GTS (a feature allowing players all around the world to exchange Pokémon).

Q: Internet communication issue?
A: Yes, it fixes *that*. For those who don't know, it was meant to kill this:

Pokémon X/Y Online Battle Exploit - "Battle Analyser"

And also kills this as a side effect (both are based on the same code):

Instacheck - Pokémon checking and shiny hatching for XY

So if you were waiting to do Ranked Battles on Battle Spot, this is probably what you're waiting for. If you've been SV checking, you're probably out of luck for now.
OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif

Madao

olol i just started a new game in my physical Y cart and the game gave me an error that i needed the latest version. i was like "wtf man, i have 1.1 since months ago". i go to the PC to check some stuff and GAF and see this.

time to download patches now.

Fandangox

Version 1.2 of Pokemon X/Y is up

fEVdlsJ.png

It apparently stops the battle analyzer from working and a glitch where wonder traded pokemons would not be able to learn certain moves.

Updating now.

Catch if old.

SoulUnison

Banned
So now I can play online battles and not worry about competing against someone who knows my every move, *and* my team of 6 legit personal Masuda Method/IV Hatched 'Mons means slightly more? I see nothing to complain about here.

I'm glad you're learning about the internet, Nintendo.

I don't see what this has to do with anything. Just update and move on.

For those who want some way of egg-checking, there are other methods being researched currently, one of which involves Spinda spots. So don't throw away your SVs just yet, if you still have 'em.

Boogiepop

Oh wow, they actually did that pretty fast. Now my original plan for getting into online battles once Bank is now back in play. Awesome.

Yeah, they should be now.

Also, Season 1 ends on Dec. 24th, so you have a limited time to raise that rank before the next one starts :)

My rating was pretty terrible before Rating was disabled. Hopefully the Troll team I raised will be able to pick it back up to something decent.

javac

I'm just spoiled by everything in existence updating automatically nowadays or by launching the game.

What do you think this is? The future?! You'll go to the eShop to get your patches and you will do it with a smile on your face and appreciate the generosity that the eShop bestows upon your cart.

Azure J

Battle Checker should have never seen the light of day. It totally killed the good part of instacheck.

RIP my chances at shinies. :(

JoeM86

Actually seeing people complain at this, both at the fact that they blocked InstaCheck and the fact they didn't include new Mega Evolutions.

I don't get the Pokémon community at times.

JoeM86

I never saw the appeal in using InstaCheck to manipulate shinies.

If I want a shiny, it should have my ID, else it doesn't feel right.

ash_ag

You have to get them from the shop, however.

Which makes sense UX-wise, because the eShop is where you download software. [Edit: Furthermore, you can download updates even without having the cartridge on your system. I'm not sure how Xbox handles this, but my experience with PlayStation has been wanting to play a game I haven't booted in a while and having to wait for a patch I didn't know had released to download. On contrary, I check the eShop very often, and can download the update right when I see it -- that, along with Sleep Mode downloads makes not for "baby steps", but a superior alternative to what other platforms offer.]

Thanks for listening, Game Freak.

FSLink

Banned
I never saw the appeal in using InstaCheck to manipulate shinies.

If I want a shiny, it should have my ID, else it doesn't feel right.

I see the appeal in it because if you're breeding for a good 5 or 6 IV Pokemon, there's a chance someone has their shiny ID and now you can get a shiny that's competitively useful. So even if it can be seen as or feel like cheating, I definitely see the appeal.

Still, I'd rather have us get it killed if it means the Battle Analyzer program is useless now.

Any idea how they fixed this? Did they actually encrypt the data and/or do they send the data differently now?

ash_ag

Any idea how they fixed this? Did they actually encrypt the data and/or do they send the data differently now?

They were encrypted previously but, as far as I know, they used a custom encryption algorithm that was quickly cracked (and also wasn't substantially different from the Gen IV/V games' one). I'm not sure what they have changed with the patch...

Top Bottom