• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers: Top 10 Zelda games

heh

zelda 2 above wind waker
i actually like zelda 2 better

anyways whatever i can't even really comment on a list like this
of course their list is gonna be different than mine. i don't really have much to say about it. i suppose i must just have different taste than them!

4. The Legend of Zelda

ibdjSQudf9Lotd.gif

braves01

Banned
Oracle series should be above Wind Waker, Zelda II, and Skyward Sword.

Otherwise it's an okay list but I suspect they forgot FSA since that should be in the top 5.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, isn't Ages the puzzles focused one and Seasons the action focused game?

They got it backward!

Alex

Yay, another boring victory by OoT. I guess OoT will keep that spot for another 10,000 years, until OoT 2 is made.

Every big, 3D Zelda sequel is pretty much new OoT. That's kind of why I can't really get into OoT itself anymore, it just feels simple, static and dated by comparison. LttP aged much better, IMO, as even though ALbW slays it I still can go back and fiddle with it and be consistently entertained.

I think my top 5 would be:

-ALbW
-LttP
-Twilight
-Majora's Mask
-Oracle of Ages

No ranking, but those were the 5 I think I enjoyed the most.

terrisus

I'd go with:

1. Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Link's Awakening (DX)
4. Adventure of Link
5. Legend of Zelda
6. Minish Cap
7. Twilight Princess (GCN)
8. Oracle of Ages
9. Oracle of Seasons
10. Four Swords Adventures

(Have only gotten a couple of hours into Link Between Worlds, so can't place it yet)

Derrick01

Banned
Majora's Mask should be above Legend of Zelda and Link's Awakening. Personally I'd have it number 1 or 2 but I'd be happy to just see it above those 2.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Majora's Mask not in no.1, list clearly flawed.

EDIT: Derrick, you have my axe.

Shaanyboi

Banned
...I disapprove of this list.

The original is obviously a revolutionary game, but come the fuck on... It does not hold up to be that high on the list. Its completely unfair and obtuse design is not without its appeal, but to have Wind Waker and the Oracle games that low... I just... ugh

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blah. OoT was/is fantastic and still holds up well, but I don't believe it's the best game outright at all. I also have always preferred Link's Awakening to LTTP.

#4 is lol.

Marjar

Banned
Well at least Link's Awakening is in the top 3. :/

And hey look OoT is first again what a surprise...

I know, opinions opinions, but it really feels like these lists are just putting some of these so high because they feel obligated to instead of because they actually feel that way.

Alex

Link Between Worlds was exempt from qualifying?

Probably because it's too new and people want to have a waiting period for it to sink in, but the game is outright better than LttP and fixes/sidesteps a huge bulk of issues in modern Zelda especially, so it's gonna be a good ranker in the future for sure.

Derrick01

Banned
Every time someone mentions Majora's Mask, I cry for a 3DS remake. :(

I dunno in one of these upcoming 3ds game threads people seem pretty confident it's going to happen next year. I have no idea though, all I know is I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom