• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akira from Virtua Fighter to Appear in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

It needs to be VF2 SEGA Akira. But this does open up that crossover potential with SEGA properties that's been hinted at for a minute. Hopefully this becomes really interesting with more SEGA characters joining. Expect if any other character makes the jump from their FG franchises then expect Honey or Bahn.

Jawmuncher

This is Sega's Compromise. No VF6 but they'll give akira to any game who wants him. Hopefully he makes his way to skullgirls next just because.

Naite

I'm confused by inclusion of sega ip's in this game (this and the valkyria chronicles stage) . It's not like there's a lack of series from dengeki bunko to work with.

But hey, it's one more male character that isn't reduced to being a support character so I don't mind.

ArjanN

I'm confused by inclusion of sega ip's in this game (this and the valkyria chronicles stage) . It's not like there's a lack of series from dengeki bunko to work with.

But hey, it's one more male character that isn't reduced to being a support character so I don't mind.

I assume Sega doesn't have to pay to use their own characters. :p

This is a cool addition though.

I know it's a bit churlish to complain about a VF character in a crossover fighter, but isn't this a bit random.

Unless they use this guy.
bHnAlkF.jpg

In slightly related news, Akira will also make a guest appearance in the game Samurai and Dragons on the Vita as a support character

Link Here

It is associated with a new campaign called SEGA Hard Girls. Where each bit of SEGA hardware has a anime character based off of them.

You can see the SEGA Hard Girls of the major consoles about 3/4 of the page below

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/20th/collaboration/

Also in kinda related news, the VF characters will be available for a short time on at least the Japanese version of DOA5 basic, but I am unsure of the other regions.

http://vf20th.sega.jp/blog/?p=55

In tangentially related news there is a small interview with Yu Suzuki on the VF20th website

http://vf20th.sega.jp/interview.html

Nothing major breaking I think, but my Japanese has gotten pretty bad over the years. He mentions wanting to do a soccer or rugby game after Virtua Racing,but had to settle with a game that could only render two characters on screen and I think that he mentions how he originally envisioned VF only going up to VF5.

In slightly related news, Akira will also make a guest appearance in the game Samurai and Dragons on the Vita as a support character

Link Here

It is associated with a new campaign called SEGA Hard Girls. Where each bit of SEGA hardware has a anime character based off of them.

I have no idea about what I'm looking at over here haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, we got a Sega character in. Makes me hope we'll see others. Though I wonder if Akira will actually be playable.

Ryo with forklift super, please

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I had great fun watching 2D Akira in The Virtua Fighter Anime Project X Zone, so I really look forward to seeing "Jūnen hayaindayo!"-San wreckin' faces with Tetsuzanko all day.

And if somehow he ends up being the classic anime variant... then I want to hear him toss out his warriors creed at the beginning of EVERY MATCH, haha.

Top Bottom