• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomba? Wii U $219 via Newegg

EMT0

Banned
Ugh. I feel such indecisiveness right now. On the one hand, I want to buy it. On the other....Gamestop money is what I was going to use to buy it.

Anustart

That's not how it works. See a lot of people think it should cost $50 to $100 cheaper than it is. So the second the price gets lowered they say 'Well, it really should be even cheaper than that before I bite."

$219 sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

Trago

Saw a bunch of people say they'd buy a Wii U when it's $200. I wonder if they'll take advantage of this deal.

dralla

If it came with a game I actually wanted I'd buy it. Anyone know the trade in value of Skylanders is? The 8GB worries me too, that's not a lot of space.

Ryker

I still kind of feel that the 299 bundles with 25 dollar gift cards and nsmbu/nslbu or Zelda:WW HD are the better deals-- due to the space difference, digital discount, quality games...etc. This would be a great gift for a kid whos into those series though, it would probably be a headache for the parents whose kids will then want more expensive skylanders toys. This is a move in the right direction,though! :eek:

Saw a bunch of people say they'd buy a Wii U when it's $200. I wonder if they'll take advantage of this deal.

This is the 8GB model without NS/LMBU. It's not even worth existence let alone $200. Obviously people meant the premium bundles at that price.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Bought. No tax and free shipping evens it out for me. Wanted black but oh well.

Black is a fingerprint magnet. Having a black one I think white would be better. Unfortunately there was no white premium when I bought it (and still there isn't outside Japan).

Petrie

Banned

Don't BELIEVE everything. Trolls be trolling, see also in this thread.

Yeah, they're not going to do that. Goalposts have been moved en masse.

I imagine those people meant the real WiiU and not this gimped model.

Personally I'll have one when it gets down to $100 or so late in the gen, can't justify more than that for what would be a 3rd tier system for me behind my PS4, 3DS, PC, and 360. I paid around $100 for my Vita and that feels appropriate.

Ew, the 8GB model? No thanks. Nintendo should go ahead and scrap that SKU.

Waiting for $199 with SMB3D. Hopefully they do this before Bayo2.

Eiolon

Black is a fingerprint magnet. Having a black one I think white would be better. Unfortunately there was no white premium when I bought it (and still there isn't outside Japan).

Finger prints don't matter to me. I'm more OCD with the fact everything I own is black and this will stand out. I'm getting it for my son so it won't be in my man cave at least.

Anustart

Is this cheaper than you can get a ps3? I'm not up to date on ps3 prices.

Sad thing is, I really want a ps3 but I'm actually waiting for that thing to get to 99$ which looks like it may never happen because they keep "adding value" and releasing $300 bundles.

NIGHT-

Finger prints don't matter to me. I'm more OCD with the fact everything I own is black and this will stand out. I'm getting it for my son so it won't be in my man cave at least.
I agree with this. My gears 360 stands out horribly :(

EMT0

Banned
Ugh. I feel such indecisiveness right now. On the one hand, I want to buy it. On the other....Gamestop money is what I was going to use to buy it.

I decided to buy it with the plan being to sell off Skylanders ASAP. Wish me luck GAF, I hope I don't regret this purchase.

Brawl96

Have been on the fence for a while. Finally got it! I also had a $10 GC from GTAV so it totaled to $210. Amazing Deal!!!

Koppai

Damn this is a great price, I paid $350 for mine (Deluxe model though) and I regret not waiting a year lol.

I would buy it if I could get it here in Brazil for that price.
Too bad that with customs and shit it will probably double the price.
I'll wait for my trip to the USA.

Top Bottom