• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Falcom is making a PlayStation 4 game

Soriku

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/falcom-making-playstation-4-game

LoH-Big-Title-Art_002.jpg

Falcom, the developer behind the Legend of Heroes series, is working on a new project for PlayStation 4.

Speaking in this week’s Dengeki PlayStation, the studio said the studio is working behind the scenes in preparing the new project, and its announcement is still ahead.

Last week, Falcom announced a sequel to The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki, and teased a mystery game alongside it. Could this be Falcom’s PlayStation 4 project?

In related news, Dengeki also features an interview with Tecmo Koei producer Kenichi Ogasawara, who says a new development related to Toukiden is in preparation. The title is still not decided, but it is a fairly big project, Ogasawara said.

Thanks, Game Nyarth.

duckroll

IIRC, Ys7 was their first original game project for PSP. YsC was their first original game project for Vita. So maybe.... Ys8 is a PS4 game? Shrug. I just hope it's good.

Ratrat

Wasn't Sen no Kiseki riddled with technical issues? Hopefully that won't be the case with ps4.

Im there either way, hopefully they'll stick with the vita as well.

Dark_castle

Please be a new IP already!

If it's another Legend of Heroes, we won't be getting it anyway. A new IP means a fresh start and we can hopefully get to play them in English.

Coxy

Excellent, a Falcom game would be a good reason to hop on PS4, hope it comes westwrd swiftly and finds the success it deserves

This is good news. We want the developers jumping onto next gen quickly. No loitering around on PS3 for half the gen. Yes, Atlus I'm talking to you.

Elvick

Banned
Wasn't Sen no Kiseki riddled with technical issues? Hopefully that won't be the case with ps4.

Im there either way, hopefully they'll stick with the vita as well.
PS4 doesn't have the cell to wrestle with, if any Japanese developer still has issues with performance they have no real excuse other than incompetence.

Eh, person standing in the picture could be Adol...if it's Ys, it's confirmed to be the game that justifies a PS4 purchase for me. It would have been Ys or Yakuza that forces my hand in buying a PS4 anyways, heh.

Reknoc

Probably Ys. Interested to see where they go from here mechanically speaking, hopefully as far away from 7 as possible.

Takao

Banned
PS4 doesn't have the cell to wrestle with, if any Japanese developer still has issues with performance they have no real excuse other than incompetence.

Falcom also made the Vita exclusive Ys: Memories of Celceta, which wasn't exactly a looker. Vita is supposedly an incredibly easy platform to develop for, so ...

Puru

New Falcom game (kinda want Ys to stay on handhelds but whatever we shall see) and hopefully Toukiden 2, i'm excited.

nightever

Falcon stay putting those last gen Japanese devs to shame. Atlus and Scamco look pathetic in comparison.

Day ONE!

Unlike many people think, niche JRPG developers are more willing to jump into new hardware. Their games' fans seems well fits the early adopters of playstation consoles.

Eusis

Sega's fault.
Next to no one actually got their first exposure to Ys that way and it's been more brought up as an example of officially screwing up the name, some people are just making the same basic mistake Sega did then or are being asses and contrary for contrary's sake.
Unlike many people think, niche JRPG developers are more willing to jump into new hardware. Their games' fans seems well fits the early adopters of playstation consoles.
Admittedly a huge chunk of the problem before was that the PS2 and especially PS3 were a pain to develop for, I imagine that scared a lot of them from being willing to jump in sooner than later. Though RPGs can take quite awhile to produce too.

Tohsaka

Hopefully it's not a Legend of Heroes game so that it actually has a chance of being localized within a decade. I'd like it to be Ys 8, ideally.

Top Bottom