• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America Is Now Selling Blue Nunchucks!

HUELEN10

Anyone know when they started doing this? I only realized just now.

As you may or may not know, up until now the only way to get a legitimate blue nunchuck was by winning a Japanese Wii Sports Resort Promo (which also came with a very rare blue motionplus dongle), buying a Mario & Sonic London Blue Console Bundle in Europe or a Wal-Mart Exclusive unit in the USA (re-released last year with Skylanders Giants as well). They have never been available for regular purchase in any region until now. Like the http://store.nintendo.com (I'd link directly to the product page, but linking their store site is always wonky) refurb black/white nunchuck/remote plus combo that went live a few weeks back, sets with blue remotes and chucks have now been added as an option. Seeing as how rare blue chucks are, I wouldn't be surprised if at least the chucks were new.

Though the picture on the website is a stock picture of a white controller combo in use, the text is clear.
This set includes one Refurbished Blue Wii Remote™ Plus and a matching Blue Nunchuk, Wii Remote Jacket and Wii Remote Wrist Strap.
That same picture is used with the black controller set, and both controllers are indeed black when ordered. With this option now being available, this means that every standard color [red (in mini bundles, Mario bundle, and regular sale in Japan), blue, white, black, pink] of Wii Remote now has a nunchuck to match (except pink unless I am mistaken, hopefully they remedy this).

G0523

Oh wow! This is amazing! Wish they would've promoted this a little (but this is Nintendo we're talking about here). Hopefully we'll see these in stores too. And yeah, the only Wii Remote not to have a matching Nunchuk is pink (and Luigi green if you wanna go there).

HUELEN10

Oh wow! This is amazing! Wish they would've promoted this a little (but this is Nintendo we're talking about here). Hopefully we'll see these in stores too. And yeah, the only Wii Remote not to have a matching Nunchuk is pink (and Luigi green if you wanna go there).

Yeah, not gonna count good old Luigi as that is a special remote. Speaking of Special Remotes, the Zelda Gold Plus can be matched with a gold Nunchuck, but a gold Classic Controller Pro also exists. There is also a red one, but it was either JPN/EU or EU only.

I kinda wish that blue or red CC Pros were released in the states.

I wish that red Wii remote was available for individual sale. I settled for a pink one (which I still like that color, but whatever)

NateDrake

Whoa, the Wii Remote Rapid Charging Cradle and Rechargeable Battery is available in America? How did I miss this!?!?! Is it exclusive to the Nintendo Online store or do retail shops have it?

HUELEN10

I wish that red Wii remote was available for individual sale. I settled for a pink one (which I still like that color, but whatever)
I only recently got my first pink one (love it!), but red is a standard Japanese color. Play-Asia sells them for I think 50 USD, and you could always check ebay (make sure it's legit) or the GAF B-S-T thread.

I've always wondered why the red one has a red jacket. Besides the black one, every other one has a clear one.
Whoa, the Wii Remote Rapid Charging Cradle and Rechargeable Battery is available in America? How did I miss this!?!?! Is it exclusive to the Nintendo Online store or do retail shops have it?
It is a store.nintendo.com exclusive. Personally though, I use eneloops for all my controllers instead.

DarkWish

Oh this was never released? I guess I didn't realize that. I bought a refurbished blue Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk for $20 from the Nintendo online store. Arrived last week or so. Great deal! Looks good in person.

Between that and the gold Nunchuk from Club Nintendo and white and black ones from stores, I got plenty of colors. I wish they would have made red and green Nunchuks to go with the Mario and Luigi Wii Remote Plus controllers.

HUELEN10

Oh this was never released? I guess I didn't realize that. I bought a refurbished blue Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk for $20 from the Nintendo online store. Arrived last week or so. Great deal! Looks good in person.

Between that and the gold Nunchuk from Club Nintendo and white and black ones from stores, I got plenty of colors. I wish they would have made red and green Nunchuks to go with the Mario and Luigi Wii Remote Plus controllers.

That's awesome! Is the nunchuck's cord blue too like the pack-in with console ones? If it is, then this really is the real deal, probably new stock, and not some "frankentroller" refurb!

HUELEN10

That explains why my brother's blue nunchuck wore out so easily...

Yep. If he didn't have one of the options listed above, or a legit one from ebay sold separately from the console, it was a knockoff. Let me tell you, those nunchuck knockoffs are horrid! Bought a blue one myself to re-case a legit white one with, but the stick cap was shit and the plastic just cracked after a few weeks (stick cap was also slightly greenish). Within 2 months, I had no choice put to put the innards back in the original Nintendo white shell.

I wish they would have made red and green Nunchuks to go with the Mario and Luigi Wii Remote Plus controllers.
Red Nunchuks exist, just they only way to get is through a Wii mini or the Red Wii Mario Bundle from a few years back (grabbed my Red Wii bundle for about $60 from a flea market, perfect condition all around. No regrets.)

Top Bottom