• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepiest enemies in games

So I was playing Dark Souls and was in the Depths (I'm guessing anyone who's already played DS knows what's coming). I was just wondering around, minding my own business, when suddenly I accidentally fell down a hole. What followed was this -

"Oh crap oh crap, that's not good...HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT WHAT AAAH NOPE *dead*".

Yeah. Because of this fucker -

basilisk.jpg

So yeah. That was terrifying. I mean LOOK at it! And it was jumping around and shit so I only got flashes of the freaky-ass thing!

Anything other enemies freak you out like that did to me?

NeoGash

Clickers from The Last Of Us. My pants were wet, and not in the good way. Scariest shit in a long time.
Berserkers from Gears of War 1. Scary ass bitches.
Giant axe-wielding Taken from Alan Wake.

Half-Life 2 zombies with the easter egg.........someone link to that video, it gives me shivers every time. Creepiest video game enemy ever, bar none.
THIS

Half-Life 2 wins.

Tagyhag

905615-fear_2_super.jpg

I know I shouldn't be creeped out by something so silly. But I just hate, HATE, dead children.

REC? The Exorcist? Meh

Alma? Ringu? Nightmare fuel.

KDC720

Crimson Heads

Those invisible bugs from RE4, Novistadors I think they're called.

Boys of Silence in Bioshock Infinite were pretty creepy too.

Rnr1224

The ReDead from the legend of Zelda. When I first played and got too close to one, I was freaking out while it walked slowly over to me. Scary times

I think it's a homage to Berserk

Oh Berserk. The manga I love so much, but will never fucking finish. Japanese GRRM.

As to creepiest enemies... Shit I've been scared shitless in Outlast, but nobody is outright disturbing. I gotta go with the walking baby creatures from Silent Hill. The Nopes.

Vibranium

Banned
Since Crimson Heads and Lisa have been mentioned I'll go with the third canon evolution of zombies in Resident Evil, Lickers:

These guys freak the crap out of me, and their official artwork is even creepier. Complete loss of skin and exposed brains...

Blackage

Dead Space 2. Baby necromorph crawling to mother then exploding and leaving a window of blood. Yep, put the controller down and covered my mouth at what I just witnessed for a good 2-3 minutes.

HUELEN10

Probably this.

5UdHhfM.png

But in all seriousness, the ReDeads in Wind Waker are pretty freaky. I also think there's something unsettling about the Chu Chus in Twilight Princess.

Top Bottom