• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helix |OT| Sci-fi Thriller Series Executive Produced by Ron Moore – Fridays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

jbtApUPDXZ2pcM.png

iz8TifCu4zXKt.gif

jbzmWb0EQghfhw.png

jUlh2iun7ayh4.png

jSYMXOMtS03N9.png

jP9YZV9Y3GsS9.png

jtegApZ3iEkvh.png

jbayLZ3aOgqFZt.png

jPjByQAUki9kP.png

jbkKe6sp7qso0p.png

obin_gam

Yeah, it really does give out that vibe :\

If they incorporate a little Lovecraftian horror (at the mountains of madness specifically) they could make it feel fresh though :)

If it wasnt made by a BSG-guy, I wouldnt even glance at it, but now, just maybe, they have something up their sleeves.

I'm in at least for the premier. I thought Defiance looked good in trailers but once one or two episodes in I just couldn't get into it. Hoping Helix scratches that sci-fi itch.

An-Det

Nice OT! Been waiting for this one, Ron Moore working with Billy Campbell seems awesome to me. My friend is also looking forward to it so we're probably getting together next friday to watch it together.

TheOddOne

- Huff post: Helix: an Infectious Science Fiction Thriller Series
Despite the bio-threat setup, Helix isn't trying to be Contagion in the South Pole. What Porsandeh and Moore have crafted is solid science fiction, and feels like a return to the latter's Battlestar Galactica days.
So yeah, the Helix DNA contains strands from a lot of familiar franchises, but the show doesn't feel derivative. To the contrary, it is a fresh sci-fi freak-out very much welcome on the TV landscape. And if additional episodes maintain the quality of the premiere, the show might have the makings of an infectious fan favorite.

anaron

Great OP, TheOddOne! :)

Really hoping this lives up to its potential. Been waiting to see it for a long time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
All ill say is if this manages to claim the BSG goodness SyFy saves their ass once again. I will remain pessimistic.

Ashok

Banned
The is the one show I really want to see live up to the hype. We needs more GOOD shows like The X-Files.

jond76

Banned
The footage was good. Only one thing bothered me..

Did they really all just share the RFID needle? Haha.

Regardless, I'm in. Lets see where this goes.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
THERE ARE TOO MANY COOL SHOWS TO FOLLOW THIS YEAR

God damn, I already have most of January packed with work.

Sigh.

It's airing on Channel 5 in UK. Currently pencilled in for late January.

Can't wait, looks really good. I just hope it doesn't turn into a The Thing clone stretched out over an entire season...

Doodis

Watched the 15 min clip and it looks awesome, but I don't have SyFy. Anyone know if they'll have their episodes online or anything?

Wes

venison crêpe
Intriguing premise. Nice early positive reactions. Looking forward to checking out the first episode this week.

TheOddOne

Cinema Blend: Helix Review: Syfy's Intense New Drama Gets Off To A Thrilling Start (4 out of 5 stars)
Helix gets off to a promising start, offering a premise brimming with thrilling potential and the solid cast of characters. What’s necessary for it to work as a series is for us to care as much about the characters as we do about the situation they’re in. From the first few episodes, it looks like Helix has already found a nice balance of character drama and suspense.
With that in mind, the character drama doesn’t overwhelm the suspenseful aspect of the story. Helix is first and foremost a thriller, and the first few episodes set the mystery up nicely, leaving us to wonder what horror might be lurking around any given corner of this snowy, secluded facility.

TheOddOne

- Variety: TV Review: Syfy’s ‘Helix
Created by Cameron Porsandeh, it’s a delicate balancing act [between science and thrills], but the two-episode premiere (airing with limited commercials) and a subsequent hour--enhanced by Campbell’s stiff-upper-lipped performance, and the clever promo slogan “Play God. Pay the price”--dangle enough DNA strands for a discerning audience to want to see where they might lead.

Tom_Cody

I just watched the 'first 15 minutes' clip on YouTube and I really liked it. I previously hadn't been that excited by the promo videos but now I can't wait for the debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom