• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4, Error Code CE-34878-0 and Other Issues

Hey guys,

Getting super frustrated with and worried about my PS4. I originally thought the CE-34878-0 error code was exclusive to Battlefield 4, but I'm experiencing it across the board.

For the record, I don't have any retail games roght now. This, however, is happening with every downloadable title, including Contrast, Resogun, Blacklight and DCUO.

A friend brought over Killzone and we've been playing it without a hitch. I also have zero problems playing Warframe, accessing the PSN store and logging into PSN.

The countless other errors include freezing, perpetual loading, and a bunch of other issues. If I didn't know any better, I would say I have a faulty PS4, but Warframe and Killzone work absolutely fine and I have no problems with PSN, PSN+ or the Store.

I've deleted, reinstalled, wiped save data, redownloaded, renewed certificates and everything else I can think of. What gives?

Additionally, trying to play DCUO has been an absolute nightmare. I haven't once in about two months got past the first Joker loading screen - cuts away to the CE-34878-0 error almost instantaneously.

Any help is appreciated. I really hope I don't have to send this bad boy to Sony.

system11

I'm starting to wonder if it's somehow related to network syncing (the what's new/etc stuff), I had it happen a rash of times during battlefield and then just by magic it went away again, haven't seen it since.

I don't know much about hard drives but, I think if a certain sector that the HDD writes to is bad then some things might not work. That might explain some games working and some not? If I'm wrong I'm sure someone on here will correct me.

neobiz

I haven't, and I would have if I thought that would help, but I just can't explain why some games (Warfram) would work and others wouldn't. Shouldn't NOTHING work if the harddrive was faulty?

Could be a bad spot on the platter where your problem games overlap. If you have an extra laptop drive laying around give it a shot.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DCUO crashes quite a bit on my system. I can't say I'm surprised considering how much of a mess the PS3 version was at launch. I also got stuck on a crash loop that occurred every time I launched the game. Putting the system on standby and reloading the game didn't do anything, but turning off the system and launching the game fixed it for me.

I've been getting it non-stop for NBA 2K14 today. This game is absolutely fucking broken and robs people of money. In any other industry, a class-action lawsuit would be filed against Take-Two.

drbond

Neo Member
CE-34878-0

I get this code after a few hours of play of Assasins Creed IV.

Either playing more than 5 or 6 Wolfpack games (however long one of those matches goes for 25 waves), proceeding to the next match via replay, or just by leaving the game idle in the multiplayer menus [or while its continually playing back the intro video with Blackbeard] for an hour or more.

I played some of the campaign and didn't get this error code yet. I've gotten this error code also in NBA2K14 when going into MyCareer (though that game has far more concerning issues).

I have never gotten this error code in Resogun or Contrast.

According to the code list, its just an application crash. Better to get this error code, than other ones I guess.

CE-34878-0

I get this code after a few hours of play of Assasins Creed IV.

Either playing more than 5 or 6 Wolfpack games (however long one of those matches goes for 25 waves), proceeding to the next match via replay, or just by leaving the game idle in the multiplayer menus [or while its continually playing back the intro video with Blackbeard] for an hour or more.

I played some of the campaign and didn't get this error code yet. I've gotten this error code also in NBA2K14 when going into MyCareer (though that game has far more concerning issues).

I have never gotten this error code in Resogun or Contrast.

According to the code list, its just an application crash. Better to get this error code, than other ones I guess.

At least you're having some play time. The most I get is a loading screen or developer logos.

The only game that works is Warframe.

demigod

I got this error code trying to get into cod. Then i went to check my download and the free fall map wasnt done yet, after it was finished installing the error went away. So im wondering if theres any conflict between the game and download/install when this error occurs.

I got this error code trying to get into cod. Then i went to check my download and the free fall map wasnt done yet, after it was finished installing the error went away. So im wondering if theres any conflict between the game and download/install when this error occurs.

I seem to be getting somewhere when I delete both the application and the saved data of the game... Not sure what the correlation is so far.

CozMick

Banned
Ive got an issue with Music Unlimited, I tried out their 60 day holiday offer and there aint nowhere to cancel.

I tried the SEN site, PS4 app, nothing.

Anyone have any idea where to cancel this sub?

Thanks.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I had so many errors when I first got my ps4. Contstant freezing, and crashes. Would frequently happen when I had Netflix in the background. It was very frustrating and I thought about returning it. But after I quit using Netflix on ps4 it hasn't crashed since. I get a few slowdowns when trying to access menus and share pictures messages but nothing that crashed it. I'm almost convinced it's a network issue with psn because it seems the entire UI is dependent on it. I also still get an echo whenever I party chat but it's better than crashes. I hope Sony provides a massive firmware update soon to remedy all these issues.

I replaced my HDD and have yet to get any error messages at all. Not sure if this indeed the reason but sure seems that way and I play a TON of BF4.

COD had that error every time you launched the game, their first patch fixed it.
BF4 and Dice are just terrible at the moment and haven't completely gotten rid of that error yet.

A few other games need to be patched for it.

Jburton

Banned
I'm hoping this is the case. Unfortunately, it's been happening for nearly 2 months now. I'm hardwired into my modem so I don't think it's on my end.

It was not on my end either.

I got my ps4 on launch, no errors until two weeks in and then no errors (bar I player and vid zone crashes) up until now.

MazeHaze

Banned
I haven't had this specific problem, but Is it normal for the PS4 to freeze occasionally and require a hard reboot? This has probably happened to me 4 times since November 15th. Once during knack, a couple times I don't remember the specifics on, and then yesterday I suspended AC4 to watch Netflix, and the system froze at the red netflix start up screen and I had to unplug it. Figured this was just some normal kinks, as my PS3 froze occasionally too.

Tagg9

I get this error 50% of the time when I launch Assassin's Creed multiplayer. Don't get it anywhere else.

TheJLC

Try rebuilding the database.

Power down the system and then hold the power button for 7 seconds. Then follow the prompts to rebuild the database. It has helped a few people on the PS forums. It shouldn't delete anything.

deadpixel

Banned
System stability patches are going to keep coming throughout it's lifetime. My Vita would periodically freeze at launch. Those issues weren't worked out 3 months after launch.

Ive got an issue with Music Unlimited, I tried out their 60 day holiday offer and there aint nowhere to cancel.

I tried the SEN site, PS4 app, nothing.

Anyone have any idea where to cancel this sub?

Thanks.
You should be able to turn off automatic renewal from your PS4. I know it's in account, but I'm not sure which sub-menu after that.

Power down the system and then hold the power button for 7 seconds. Then follow the prompts to rebuild the database. It has helped a few people on the PS forums. It shouldn't delete anything.

Wow, didn't know about this - trying it right now!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You should be able to turn off automatic renewal from your PS4. I know it's in account, but I'm not sure which sub-menu after that.
PS4: Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > Music Unlimited > Music Unlimited (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.

Mengetsu

Has anyone had an issue with watching hulu plus? After a few episodes my PS4 tends to cut off. Why is this happening? I hope it gets patched.

This worked WONDERS! I just finished playing Contrast, Resogun, Blacklight and one of the pinball games. Minor hiccups and CE-34878-0 errors here and there, but much better than before.

The only game that still doesn't work is DCUO. Still can't get past Joker loading screen.

Thanks for this help!

th4tguy

This worked WONDERS! I just finished playing Contrast, Resogun, Blacklight and one of the pinball games. Minor hiccups and CE-34878-0 errors here and there, but much better than before.

The only game that still doesn't work is DCUO. Still can't get past Joker loading screen.

Thanks for this help!

Busted is busted. Get your system replaced before your warranty lapses. Better just to take care of it early and be done with it.

Busted is busted. Get your system replaced before your warranty lapses. Better just to take care of it early and be done with it.

You're right. The dreams over, boys. Rebuilding the database worked briefly, but my PS4 slumped right back into its old ways. Called Sony. Shipping it out and getting a new console. Having shellshock from sending out red-ringed 360s now.

You know what. People might call me crazy but after I installed BF4 on my PS4 all kinds of crazy shit started happening on my system. I eventually reinitialized my system and intalled a fresh OS and it's been fine since. Before Bf4 I didn't have any issues with my system. But after installing it I started getting error codes in other apps as well.

You know what. People might call me crazy but after I installed BF4 on my PS4 all kinds of crazy shit started happening on my system. I eventually reinitialized my system and intalled a fresh OS and it's been fine since. Before Bf4 I didn't have any issues with my system. But after installing it I started getting error codes in other apps as well.

Same here. I changed HDDs altogether and reinstalled the OS and 0 issues since.

I can't be sure but I feel like it did the same to me,
downloaded Trine 2 demo and my system seems to have gotten even worse.

Purchase launch console = Beta tester, I recently had to rebuild database in safe mode because I wasn't getting any notifications.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
i may have a fix for this.

1. settings.
2. initialization, delete your account from your PS4and then put it back on after the delete process is complete.

my buddy ran into this same issue. hope this helps.

Birbo

In the same boat here; no issues until I got BF4. Not getting error codes, but frequent crashes. Thought it was just the game crashing, but it's moved past BF4 and happening when I play other games too.

Tried reinitializing my system today, but got another crash after an hour or so of BF4 campaign. Haven't tried another game, s I dunno if it's my system or not at this point. So frustrating.

Really don't think it's the actual ps4 itself. Maybe the HDD as my issues went away with a new hdd and a fresh install of the os. Tons of people on the bf4 forums are plagued by this issue, although many are reporting that things have gotten better after the december update. Don't go sending those ps4s in as I really think its a waste of time.

Birbo

Really don't think it's the actual ps4 itself. Maybe the HDD as my issues went away with a new hdd and a fresh install of the os. Tons of people on the bf4 forums are plagued by this issue, although many are reporting that things have gotten better after the december update. Don't go sending those ps4s in as I really think its a waste of time.

What HDD did you end up getting?

Top Bottom