• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Nuka Cola...? Radiated but not Fallout related?

Taker34

Banned
Didn't find any detailed information or thread about this strange product/site, so I thought I'd tell my dear GAF friends what I found quite a while ago:

So basically I came across this Nuka Cola site about 2 years ago and was surprised that someone is actually selling Fallout merchandise like this. I quickly realized that this site never explicitly mentions "Fallout". They're simply selling Nuka Cola and just like in the Fallout games they're offering Quantum, Victory, Quartz etc... so it's probably not official Fallout merch to begin with. You can even collect bottle caps and send them to the company to get a crappy action figure.

It seemed fishy but the site had some good reviews and so I ordered a box of Nuka Cola as a Christmas present back in 2011. This company is based in the Netherlands and was also selling sports nutrition (lol). The Nuka Cola drinks did taste pretty good and I don't think it was actually radiated (I took some Rad-X before that, just in case). They even scratched the bottles, in order to make it look post-apocalyptic. It was a cool present in the end and a even bigger surprise for my buddy.

Do you know who these guys are (Nuka Cola BV) and why they can use the Nuka Cola name? I thought they acquired the Nuka Cola license or the Nuka Cola name simply wasn't copyrighted by Bethesda (hence the missing Fallout references). Are there other examples of in-game brands which are sold like this?

My pics:
foto426ntpuo.jpg

foto428i5po4.jpg

Lock in a Vault if old/stupid.

My first thread. Yes. YESS!

Silky

Banned
This is an elaborative ARG, Fallout 4 confirmed. Drink it OP. If you drink it you'll see the reveal trailer.

kubus

*googles*

Wat

Are you telling me this company is based in the same province as where I'm living?

Is this real life?

Mondy

Banned
DetectiveGAF needs to do a background check on OP. Any connection to Bethesda at all is automatically a red flag.

GAFers don't read. Never heard of anything similar, I'm just surprised they can get away with it. Maybe since they're based on fictional products and don't mention Fallout, they aren't subject to certain laws.

Seems sketchy and I probably wouldn't support them profiting from someone else's idea, but to each their own.

wrowa

1.50€ per bottle. I might order some as some kind of collectible; they do look pretty cool, after all...

Top Bottom