• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yosp confirms PS4 "Interact" feature already available; Devs need to use them

viveks86

Remember this post (click on it to see the thread)?

It seems that the feature wasn't missing at launch as many believed. Devs just haven't used it yet, except Tecmo Koei

EDIT:

And tomb raider

Beya3M2IgAAwUSC.jpg

Tomb Raider has die/revive interaction.

EDIT 2:

Yakuza Ishin also uses it

After you clear the game’s story and arena play spot, you’ll unlock the “Bakumatsu Tour” mode, which works with PlayStation 4′s Share feature. With the push of the Share button, players can live broadcast their game, or post video clips and screenshots. During a broadcast, viewer comments will be displayed in the game in real time. In the arena, if a certain number of comments are displayed, there are special effects that can occur like you’ll recover quicker from being knocked down, or build up heat faster.

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/yakuza-ishin-playstation-4-features-detailed

viveks86

There's a few Japanese games on the streams with it working, but I can't work out what it does as its all Japanese.

Here's the translation of what is seen in the screenshot

Tomb Raider has it to I guess. It allows spectators to help with the game.

Oh! Didn't know that! What can they do?

Allows the audience to interact with the game (devs control what this does exactly).

Nice

stryke

Allows the audience to interact with the game (devs control what this does exactly).

SO THAT'S WHAT IT WAS??!!

I thought people were trolling in some weird way while I was watching a few streams earlier today.

Yakuza Ishin also uses it

After you clear the game’s story and arena play spot, you’ll unlock the “Bakumatsu Tour” mode, which works with PlayStation 4′s Share feature. With the push of the Share button, players can live broadcast their game, or post video clips and screenshots. During a broadcast, viewer comments will be displayed in the game in real time. In the arena, if a certain number of comments are displayed, there are special effects that can occur like you’ll recover quicker from being knocked down, or build up heat faster.

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/yakuza-ishin-playstation-4-features-detailed

FeiRR

Banned
Actually the whole idea was already used in a PS3 game. Pixeljunk 4am allows you to spectate somebody playing and send 'kudos' by shaking your controller.

DieH@rd

Banned
It would be nice if D3 on PS4 would add spectator interaction feature that adds few % of magic and gold find, makes monster little tougher, give health to player, etc.

Don't Starve needs to support this, so you can airdrop items to other players, Hunger Games style.

Players should be able to opt-in/-out, natch.

R3TRODYCE

So that's why people were coming in and saying die/revive when I was streaming TR yesterday. I thought I was part of some sick joke.

Gangxxter

What does "die/revive interaction" mean? Can you give me an example of what would happen if someone chose one of those options? That's pretty vague.
Revive should be clear, but I'm also interested what "die" actually does. Kills an enemy on screen?

Chucker

I had somewhere around 100 people watching my TR stream last night, and aside from a few people asking questions it was just

DIE
REVIVE
DIE
DIE
REVIVE

Over and over again, and it didn't do anything. At least I know now it wasn't just people trolling.

So this is just simple commands? I thought they said you would be able to take control of the controller completely.

Still kinda neat though.

Brohan

Imagine people interacting with your Dark Souls gameplay, trying to mess with you in various ways, could be a pretty cool feature.

All depends on how devs design the interaction.

Top Bottom