• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers runs at 1080p/60fps on the PS4

Loudninja

“The game will run at 1080p/60fps on the PS4, 720p/30fps on PS3 and native resolution on Vita in 30fps.”

As for how the DualShock 4′s touchpad will be integrated into the gameplay, Pilestedt stated that, “On the Vita we will use touch-interface for certain commands, with the PS4 the touch pad will as of now only use the click-down functionality. At Arrowhead we’re pretty stubborn about using tech just for the sake of using tech – we believe that each feature that goes into the game needs to use the most sensible option for that control.

“This doesn’t mean that we think the touch-pad is bad or a gimmick in any way; it just isn’t necessary for this title – but we do have some ideas of how to use it for future projects.”
http://gamingbolt.com/helldivers-co...on-ps4-dualshock-4-touchpad-function-detailed

Interfectum

Will this be announced for every PS4 title now that it's such an internet selling point?

Hotline Miami 2 is 1080p / 60fps!

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is that screenshot suppose to impress me because it doesn't?

It's a surprise it doesn't run at 1080p on the PS3!

RdN

Are we really going to have a thread on resolution/framerate of every game that will launch this gen?

So looking forward to this game. I hope it's out sooner rather than later because I love the concept. Magicka crossed with Starship Troopers.

I hope it's cross-buy across all three platforms.

Somehow I missed there was a Vita version coming. Hot.

Ah, of course. They all use exactly the same amount of resources, from Robotron 2084 to Renegade Ops.
Hahaha.

Cornbread78

Oh wow, I'm gettign an old school Ikari Warriors/Commando vibe from that screen shot. I miss these types of games.....

Allforce

This looks great, I love arcade-style games that pack tons of graphical detail. When is the release date?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well, it's relevant gaming news and a pretty hot topic so I don't see the issue with it.

The issue with it is that it's going to very quickly become bullshit. It doesn't mean anything if some indie game that could run on an iPhone runs 1080p/60fps on the PS4 or X1 or whatever else. That is 100% expected. Things that are 100% expected are not news and don't need to be remarked upon - unless you're trying to get bullshit page views.

So looking forward to this game. I hope it's out sooner rather than later because I love the concept. Magicka crossed with Starship Troopers.

I hope it's cross-buy across all three platforms.

If I'm not wrong, it's cross-play/buy.

It's Sony's 2014 'we made cross-buy, so this is our cross-buy game of the year.'

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Best news is the no gimmicky touchpad stuff just for the sake of having it, this is now on my radar.
Is that something you're really worried about? I don't think there's been any games that have forced you into any overly gimmicky uses of it so far.

ReaperXL7

Good stuff...after Magika I became a huge fan of Arrowhead, so I'm pretty excited for this. I know it has similar mechanics which makes me believe co-op is going to be a barrel of monkeys.

The game looks pretty good. Reminds me of Killzone liberation which I liked.
Never heard of this game but will buy. I think it's kinda expected to be 1080P/60fps though, it could probably run at 4K/60fps on the ps4.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Oh man I didn't even realize it said 30fps on PS3. Maybe the game is more graphically impressive than we are thinking?

Maybe particle effects and high enemy count.

The basic geometry doesn't look like anything too demanding, but I haven't seen that much footage, so what do I know.

Naminator

Banned
kIZqnGV.png

Top Bottom