• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flappy Bird Developer: "...it ruins my simple life. So now I hate it."

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
UPDATE:
Dong Nguyen claims he will be taking Flappy Bird down - "I cannot take this anymore."

undy5z8.jpg
Link to the tweet.

I'd love to have my simple life complicated by sudden fame, popularity and money.

Still, not sure what he's worried about. Everyone will have moved onto the next fad by Wednesday afternoon. Enjoy your 15 minutes!

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
It's sad that this game - which the developer didn't even expect or want to be successful - is going to spawn countless clones and have studios scratching their heads as to how to emulate its profitability.

On the bright side, I fucking love NeoGif.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Am i the only one thinking that this game is having a lot of exposure here on gaf without any apparent reason?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
There are few things more irritating than successful people who bemoan their success.

KarmaCow

Dude must be getting calls/emails every hour hoping to either interview him or trying to milk the new hot thing.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
some people want more out of life than just money. i can respect that.

I hear money is the enabler of "doing anything you want".

Maybe dude just feels upset at all the trashing he's getting for thieving graphics and making a crap game.

He's got that tortured artist thing going on.

Previous unknown who quietly release works for his own personal enjoyment. He starts blowing up and his typical anti social artist personality can't take it.

Flappy Bird has become a true work of art. Poor guy.

SJRB

Gold Member
The guy makes 50k a day, give me a break. I can understand it has changed his life, but don't be an asshole about it.

If I were him I'd take the money and live comfortably for the rest of my life. I don't know what is so stressful about that.

udivision

I'll never get tired of that Homer gif, lol.

There are few things more irritating than successful people who bemoan their success.

As long was people keep pressing the "You're rich and therefore you're evil and I hate you" angle, they'll keep pushing that one too.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
If I made this game I would have gone full Kanye.

"I'm history's greatest genius!!"

Village

People aren't happy all the time, I suggest you find a less, human condition-esque thing to hate on. Your life will be a lot simpler.

Top Bottom