• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: If there's demand for God hand on steam, please keep vocalizing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

GregaMan on Ask Capcom said:
While I would LOVE to see this become available on Steam, let's get one thing clear: The existing version of GOD HAND is already the ultimate edition.

I can't really comment one way or another on hypothetical products, but if there's demand for this, please keep vocalizing it. I think title recognition is still relatively low for this game on a mainstream level, but I do personally think it'd be a great grab on Steam, where there's a very savvy (and big) consumer base.

I'm not sure if it's thread worthy but God Hand is an incredibly niche title from Clover studio, didn't sell very well but with a cult following so I kind of think without exposure it wouldn't get much demand from gamers, from what I can tell, there's usually a demand for challenging old school games in the indie scene, would god hand get the sales it deserved if it gets an HD port on Steam and possibly next gen consoles?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/30200821/god-hand-hd-ultimate-edition-on-steam

edit: When asked about more PC support and porting of old games, this is the response:

I do think this is an avenue the company feels worth exploring, as evidenced by our continuously improving PC support and recent announcement of Resident Evil 4 HD for PC. Glad to hear the vote of support.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/30197117/cant-spell-capcom-without-pc-question-inside?post_num=14#537932267

This is what God Hand is about for those that wants to know more:

ballsbwfpe.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm all for more games on Steam. If this beats Dragon's Dogma to the PC, though, my eyes will roll out of my head.

I'm all for more games on Steam. If this beats Dragon's Dogma to the PC, though, my eyes will roll out of my head.

Yep

God Hand should take backseat to getting Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter on Steam. Where can I voice my demand for those?

Dawg

They'll always say DD is a problem because of the 'online servers' for the pawns. Yes, they 'could' disable them or make seperate pc servers but that would take extra time and money opposed to a 'regular port' such as God Hand.

Anteater

I didn't hear good things about God hand, whats so special about it?

It's an incredibly fun old school beat'em'up with a unique dodge system (think punch out + final fight with RE4 controls), there are a lot of unique ideas and designs that carried over to a lot of games from Platinumgames, especially its humor.

It's also one of the few action games that allows you to fully customize your combo strings.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They'll always say DD is a problem because of the 'online servers' for the pawns. Yes, they 'could' disable them or make seperate pc servers but that would take extra time and money opposed to a 'regular port' such as God Hand.

I firmly believe that Capcom UK's supposed Twitter stuff-up was in fact not a stuff-up at all, but this raises the question of just what is taking so long -- it's been 10 months since Dark Arisen, after all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Capcom sure loves to have its fans beg for games. Even better, next thing they'll say is if you don't buy enough copies of <insert game here> on your platform of choice, then there won't be a chance at having <game you actually want>.

By the way, did you know there's a new version of RE4 PC coming out wink wink

I didn't hear good things about God hand, whats so special about it?
It's the epitome of the 3D beat-em-up genre with tons of moves and customizable combos. It plays more like the classic belt-scrollers translated into 3D than something like Devil May Cry. The game has a great sense of slapstick/gag humor, too.

jett

D-Member
This is never going to happen. It runs on the non-existent dev group's Clover Studio's proprietary PS2 engine. Nobody ain't got the time to port that.

Dawg

I firmly believe that Capcom UK's supposed Twitter stuff-up was in fact not a stuff-up at all, but this raises the question of just what is taking so long -- it's been 10 months since Dark Arisen, after all.

I firmly believe it has something to do with the online system, or maybe they're just too lazy. PC version would mean quite a few extra sales so I don't get why they're not jumping on it. Dark Arisen should have been the perfect opportunity for a pc release.

Sounds like a great idea but so many people asked for a PC version of Dragon's Dogma and nothing came of it that I'm really not sure Capcom is listening.

Still, I'm all for it of course. Please Capcom, port God Hand to Steam.

Dahbomb

I want to see the following ports from Capcom:

DMC3SE PC (non shit version)
DMC1 (basically the HD version from the collection put on the PC)
Dragon's Dogma
UMVC3
Godhand
Okami
Viewtiful Joe series
Monster Hunter series

Miker

I'd buy this shit the second it hit Steam, but...

This is never going to happen. It runs on the non-existent dev group's Clover Studio's proprietary PS2 engine. Nobody ain't got the time to port that.

This is much more likely. At least with RE4 Ultimate HD PC they had the console HD ports to work with. I can't think of many PS2 exclusive games that would be easy to port to PC, and God Hand wouldn't be an exception.

SandTorso

Oh god, the horrible things I would do for a 60+ fps version of god hand. Got the game based on gaf hype (I lurked for a REALLY long time) and loved it.

joe2187

Banned
I want to see the following ports from Capcom:

DMC3SE PC (non shit version)
DMC1 (basically the HD version from the collection put on the PC)
Dragon's Dogma
UMVC3
Godhand
Okami
Viewtiful Joe series
Monster Hunter series

Why do you hurt yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom