• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
High Quality Video Download via Gametrailers (10mb/sec): http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

That isn't the same processed vid.

edit: 60fps too!

edit 2: since OP isn't updating...

vBKXl2y.png

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Of course Wario will put the GT version video. Time to answer for your Twitter feed, Wario!

Anyway, I gotta admit, Kojima Productions really knew how to get even more out of the last gen consoles. I'm bloody impressed.

RedAssedApe

Banned
PS4 version worse than Xbone version confirmed. Has no clouds.

Impressed by last-gen version. Not really impressed by next-gen. Then again shitty compressed videos is going = a lot of posts saying you can't tell the difference.

PS3 and 360 versions look wetter?

Blackage

You'd think a website like Gametrailers, that ONLY HAS ONE JOB, would make ultra high quality videos their number one thing lol.

FTF

Do they show the same sections from all versions? If so, then a PS4 vs Xone comparison can be spliced together.

Mrbob

I'm suprised how well the 360 and PS3 versions stand up. At least in video form.

Also, lighting looks really nice on PS4. Seem to be a cut above the rest.

nillapuddin

Phantom Pain is confirmed to also be cross-gen.

I doubt if it comes out in 2015-16 it will be "cross-gen"

also

Nilla am cry about Xbox One 720p, but I love Metal Gear too much to ever resist, hope for some improvements post-launch or assuredly by MGS:V

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I thought it was pretty cool that they used the 1/2 and 1/4 speed footage to showcase the improved framerate. Haven't seen this done before tbh.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
1280x720
30fps
3.4MBps bitrate

for a comparison video....

why even bother?

Thought the same thing. The real thread should come when an HD version at 60FPS is released.

That native 1080p vs 720p is going to make a big difference in this game. It is pretty obvious even in this shitty compressed video. The PS4 image quality is so much clearer and cleaner, minus that bit of fuzziness and blur the other 3 versions are showing.

You can even see it in the image posted in this thread.

MavFan619

Banned
That native 1080p vs 720p is going to make a big difference in this game. It is pretty obvious even in this shitty compressed video. The PS4 image quality is so much clearer and cleaner, minus that bit of fuzziness and blur the other 3 versions are showing.

You can even see it in the image posted in this thread.
That's how I saw it when it swiped to show the console difference the PS4/PS3 difference was more apparent to me than the Xbox differences.

Demon Ice

Banned
PS4 is lacking the power of the cloud. Xbone wins.

71JEn.jpg

Seriously though. WTF?

Is it just me or does the XB1 look like the PS360 versions in this shot? It looks like the XB1 is using the same renderer / lighting model as the PS360 versions.

Top Bottom