• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Booyakasha - Ali G Rezurection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacha Baron Cohen Bringing ‘Ali G: Rezurection’ to FXX Featuring the Original 18 Episodes of ‘Da Ali G Show’
by Rollin Bishop at 12:06 pm on February 11, 2014

Respect. R-E-S-T-E-C-P.

FXX is set to premiere television comedy Ali G: Rezurection from Da Ali G Show creator Sacha Baron Cohen on February 26th. FXX’s Ali G: Rezurection will broadcast all 18 episodes of early 2000s Da Ali G Show, including those that had never been aired in the United States, with new introductions filmed by Cohen in his Ali G persona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aU_RaBVRTw

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I was so upset when I learned it was all repeats. Hopefully wr get the UK season without the laughtrack.

Effnine

I saw a promo for this recently ... had no idea it was just his old episodes (I actually have the DVD set of those shows) ... oh well, I already set it up to record the series ...

ah man I was hoping for new-new stuff but this will do

"Sacha Baron Cohen burst onto the scene more than a decade ago under an alias and a disguise with Da Ali G Show across the pond on Channel 4's The 11 O'clock Show, then here Stateside via HBO.

Fast-forward through Borat and Bruno and here we are, back again. "I is back, and I's still black."

"Ali G" is back with all-new introductions to all of his 18 episodes (including six never broadcast on HBO) for Ali G: Rezurection, which debuts Feb. 26 on FXX."

Looks like just the introductions are going to be new. Still better than nothing.

Him at the police station is gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjiHN4PQPUc

Damnit for the life of me I cannot remember the episode where a dude got one on Ali G. They were talking about midgets and the dude flipped it on him. Sacha broke character a little by giggling about it.

Effnine

So how was Ali G received in the UK when he first came out? I know the first time I saw him on the HBO series I was lovin' it ... I even dug the movie ...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Damnit for the life of me I cannot remember the episode where a dude got one on Ali G. They were talking about midgets and the dude flipped it on him. Sacha broke character a little by giggling about it.
He loses it a tad when presenting the "hoverboard."

I think you're thinking of the Olympic one but that didn't involve breaking character or the guy getting one over on him.

Honestly, I thought he was going to film new material with the public. Ali G is his most obscure persona, given Ali G in da House was his least viewed film based off his 3 main character persona's, so I thought he was going to bring it back for more interviews. Oh well.

MikeMyers

You is fitter than J-Lo
Fitter than destiny’s child apart from the lead singer
Fitter than the spice girls including the Ginger

I can't imagine him being able to get good clueless guests at this point.

Man, when I first saw the show, I stumbled across it while flipping channels and I thought it was a real interview . . . I was dying.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The bonus extra on the DVDs, where it's the full length spy movie that Ali G was trying to get made...the funniest stuff ever.

FTF

wait a fucking minute…it's just a replay of the original 18 episodes!??!?? Son of a bitch! Those trailers I've seen on tv are misleading as shit then, thought it was new episodes.

Fake edit: Though in hindsight, obviously would have made news way before now if they were in fact new episodes. Damn it, let my excitement blind me.

The bonus extra on the DVDs, where it's the full length spy movie that Ali G was trying to get made...the funniest stuff ever.

haha yeah I doubt they will show the part Ali G is having sex with that woman against a tree. The whole show is going to be heavily censored on FXX. At least it's not on USA I guess.

tumblr_luj8h3ah7P1r6t5aao1_r1_250.gif

There was a great article, I think it was on Slate, around the time Borat came out in theaters. It kinda went behind the scenes and explained how Cohen pulled off these scenes. With Ali G, apparently he played him as a sort of "roadie" character that would help set up the interview space with lights and equipment and stuff, then just sit down and start conducting the interview.

Even if the only new content is intros, teasers, and the like, I'm still excited to have Ali G back. Will watch for sure. Been ages since I've seen the original stuff anyway!

The one where he talks to the FBI, is the absolute best on the America side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrRuG7nc47Y

AliG:I know you ain't supposed to talk about it, but everyone wants to know; what is Studio 54?
Assistant Director FBI: Its a night-club up in New York City
AliG: Fo'Real but whats in the basement?
AliG: Do you ever get calls in about aliens?
FBI: I've never got one.
AliG: Because my mate Ricky C was coming back from the Staines station and he was going past the Helmsley centre and suddenly felt this thing grab him, and, um excuse my French go up his exit hole. And the next day he found himself in this trolley and the back near the buses. How do you explain that?

Chabbles

Some of the funnest comedy ever to hit TV.

I read about the interview process with the show, basically they'd sit the person being interviewed down, getting the lighting and what not ready, guys in suits prepping the interviewee, and camera staff walking about, all professional like. Then when everything was ready, and they were good to go, Ali G would walk in and sit down, always in character (this would be the first time the interviewee would see Ali), Ali would start the interview with the interviewee being completely off guard and not knowing what was going on, then they'd start rolling, and proceed to capture gold.

kris.

Banned
aw man, these are reruns? i saw the commercial and freaked the fuck out, thinking he was bringing the character back. how disappointing :(

Bazza

Wicked

So how was Ali G received in the UK when he first came out? I know the first time I saw him on the HBO series I was lovin' it ... I even dug the movie ...

Before Ali G became a full solo entity he appeared on the 11 O'Clock show as a reporter, so he didn't appear out of the blue, that show is kind of a stepping stone for comedians, Ali G was just the next person/character to make it big.

I was checking what SBC was doing like an hour ago on imdb, Ali G was one of the funniest shows. The movies weren't that good anyway and often had the same jokes, so I'm not sure if new eps would actually deliver, but it's pretty douchey to label some reruns like this anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom