• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 local co-op experiences coming down the road

With Towerfall coming in three weeks, I was thinking about buying a couple of controllers to use for local co-op games. What games currently have local co-op and what is coming down the road for the PS4?

Man

I believe Trine 2 might have co-op.

Apparantly Housemarque's Dead Nation is releasing in March.

Diablo 3 is probably my personal favorite in this regard.

Sports games of course, both Lego Games. There is Knack that you can play local co-op as well. Finally, you have Skylanders Swap Force, which I love playing local co-op with my kiddos and the game looks awesome (so colorful and the characters look like toys on screen).

grapetile

Neo Member
Pretty sure I remember Secret Ponchos having local multiplayer.
That and the already mentioned Mercenary Kings. Some more that I'm forgetting too, most likely.

A list of upcoming games would be Helldivers, Samurai Gunn, Octodad, Assault Android Cactus, Basement Crawl, Diablo 3, Secret Ponchos, and Mercernary Kings.

Wasp

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assault Android Cactus
Awesomenauts: Assemble
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Commander Cherry's Puzzled Journey
Diablo 3
Helldivers
Just Dance 2014
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO The Hobbit
Mercenary Kings
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Rayman Legends
Skylanders Swap Force
Super Motherload
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Tiny Brains
Trine 2: The Complete Story

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/22/playstation-4.html

Bedlam

Isn't Gang Beasts also supposed to come to PS4 at some point? That game looked stupid fun on last week's Giantbomb Friday Night stream.

Anyway, I really appreciating this new wave of couch coop/competitive games. If only the controllers weren't so damn expensive ... :-/

Skeff

Knack and Lego marvel have nice coop campaigns.

Also you can use a vita in remote play for coop too, if you have one and don't want to buy another ds4 just yet.

ReaperXL7

local co-op only?

If so, not interested.

Thanks for sharing, thread title should make thread subject pretty clear I think.

Lots of local co op goodness is on its way, sadly it's a dying breed for AAA games mostly, but Indies got you covered.

Really excited for Helldivers,Mercenary kings, secret ponchos, and Diablo 3. Guacamelee is also coMing which is an great game.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Dead Nation is rumoured to be next month's free PS+ game and that was one of my favourite co-op games on PS3.

Slixshot

Banned
SGShowdown.gif

Samurai Gunn

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition comes out late March/early April. Those always have split screen.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
what a crazy time we live in where most of the recommended local co-op experiences on console are PC ports.

Madflunky

Neo Member
So far my kids and I have had a total blast playing the Lego games (movie and marvel) as well as Knack which is way better as a co-op game.

Right now we're having fun, mixed with tears and tantrums, with Rayman Legends. I'll definitely be getting some Diablo on the go too when it arrives.

FIFA and COD were alright but COD wasn't one they could really jump into as they're still kids.

Top Bottom