• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waluigi still an assist trophy in Smash Wii U/3DS; Sakurai swims in supporters' tears

Richie

lLhZaFFKWNKa

I feel bad for anyone who wanted him playable, but this is such an unlikely thing of Sakurai to say that I couldn't help laughing my ass off.

I love how blatant Sakurai has become with the fans. Toying with us during the Paulutena leak, making comments about scale to ignite Ridley discussion, and now just saying "We know you want him, and the answer is no."

Sails

Banned
Can't say I'm surprised at all.

Maybe if Waluigi didn't have a big stupid pink nose I'd give a damn about him being a character.

ZeroGravity

He needs to be playable in an actual Mario game first, not a sports/party spin-off, or get his own game before he can seriously be considered. Which, by the way, is something Nintendo has seriously dropped the ball on in the last 15 years. Give him his own game already.

Madao

Can't say I'm surprised at all.

Maybe if Waluigi didn't have a big stupid pink nose I'd give a damn about him being a character.

it doesn't help that Nintendo never allowed him in a mainline Mario game. the writing was on the wall all these years as main Mario games came out and he was absent.

putting the toads instead of Wario and Waluigi in the NSMB series was the sign that they'd never be allowed in mario games. at least Wario had his own series to fall back on but even he didn't allow Waluigi in his own series.

Shun

I wonder if they spend daily 10 minute breaks during development just to read and laugh at all the fan's comments after posting up the pictures.

jakomocha

Awww, was hoping he'd be included. Waluigi is one of my favorite Mario characters, too bad he's never been featured in his own game.

He needs to be playable in an actual Mario game first, not a sports/party spin-off, or get his own game before he can seriously be considered. Which, by the way, is something Nintendo has seriously dropped the ball on in the last 15 years. Give him his own game already.

But "roster-filling dark parallel to luigi" is Waluigi's whole concept. The only way you get a game with him as the sole headliner out of that is if you make the "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" of Mario games... which would be funny as hell but won't happen.

Kinda surprised "Super Wario Bros" hasn't happened though.

Nintendo should make him playable in the next Wario platformer title.
Also Daisy should be playable in Super Princess Peach 2, if that's ever coming.

Then both should be made available for Smash 5.

Top Bottom