• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bates Motel Season 2 |OT| Mondays 9/8pm Central

Status
Not open for further replies.
5fUEFQE.png

[Text Version - Because someone stole the time. But hey, you can CTRL-F for information and things are clickable]

Official Site: http://www.aetv.com/bates-motel
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BatesMotelAETV
Twitter - https://twitter.com/InsideBates
Emma Decody's Blog - http://www.aetv.com/bates-motel/emmas-blog/
Season 1 OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525870

Bates Motel is a contemporary prequel to the genre-defining film Psycho, and gives a portrayal of how Norman Bates' (Freddie Highmore) psyche unravels through his teenage years. Fans discover the dark, twisted backstory of Norman Bates and how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga), truly is.

Cast and Characters

Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore)

A smart, quietly funny, handsome and sometimes shy seventeen-year-old boy with an intensely close bond to his mother. Norman is resistant to starting over in a new town, but begins to change his mind as he spread his wings a little.

Norma Bates (Vera Farmiga)

The resilient, intelligent, beautiful, complicated and mercurial mother of seventeen-year-old Norman Bates. A contemporary single mother, she is emotionally complex and utterly devoted to her son, constantly juggling her own needs and some hardcore baggage while trying to create a new home in a new town for herself and Norman.

Dylan Massett (Max Thieriot)

Norma's son by her first marriage and half brother to Norman, Dylan is an edgy outsider in the Norma/Norman Tea party. He's a lost soul and a drifter who finds himself, by necessity, drifting back into the troubled lives of his mother and brother

Sheriff Alex Romero (Nestor Carbonell)

The Sheriff of White Pine Bay, Romero is the "moral" center of the town, although morality is often a shifting line here. Imposing and discerning, he gets involved in Norma Bates' life after an unfortunate incident at the motel.

Emma Decody (Olivia Cooke)

A quirky, pretty, intelligent seventeen-year-old girl who has cystic fibrosis and an "old soul". She gets an almost immediate crush on Norman and is always showing up on his doorstep.

Bradley Martin (Nicola Peltz)

A beautiful, popular, affluent, seventeen-year-old girl who befriends Norman out of kindness, but is ultimately surprised to find herself drawn to him in other, deeper ways.

Nick Ford (Michael O'Neill)

A soft spoken but terrifying head of the rival drug family in White Pine Bay, and is also Miss Watson's estranged father. A complicated man with a missing moral compass, he must deal with the lost of his daughter while trying to manage order in an illegal business.

Zane Morgan (Michael Eklund)

An emotional land mine with an all-or-nothing mentality when it comes to control. As brother to the "big boss," Zane has power in his town. Perhaps more than he can handle.

Cody Brennan (Paloma Kwiatkowski)

A sexy, tough, party girl who bonds with Norman over dysfunctional family issues, not realizing Norman's other issues that are bubbling under the surface.

Christine Heldens (Rebecca Creskoff)

A member of the upper-crust of White Pine Bay. An intelligent, educated, ex-New Yorker with a sophisticated sensibility, she takes a liking to Norma Bates and takes her under her wing, attempting to guide her into proper society, as well as the arms of her recently divorced brother.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2 Premieres Monday March 3, 2014. 9pm/8pm Central (check your local time)
Bates Motel After Hours airs 11pm/10pm Central.

Episodes Guide

Gone But Not Forgotten (March 3, 2014)

Norman fixates on the death of Miss Watson. The economic livelihood of the motel is threatened when Norma finds out the bypass is moving forward, ahead of schedule. Bradley's hunt for her father's killer drives her to dangerous extremes.

Shadow of a Doubt (March 10, 2014)

Norma distracts Norman from his obsession with Miss Watson.

Caleb (March 17, 2014)

Norma meets an ally in her battle to stop the bypass. Emma's memorial for a friend leads to a new relationship. Norman falls under the influence of a townie girl.

Check-Out (March 24, 2014)

A new revelation forces Dylan to question his loyalty to Norma and Norman. Christine brings Normal into the White Pine social Scene.

The Escape Artist (March 31, 2014)

Norman trusts Cody with a family secret. Dylan finds himself fighting for his life as Zane's war escalates. Norma makes a deal with a mysterious man to help stop the bypass.

Plunge (April 7, 2014)

Dylan is asked to take control of a volatile situation. A secret spreads threatening Norma and Norman's relationship. Emma finds herself in a very dangerous situation.

Presumed Innocent (April 14, 2014)

Norman questions Norma's faith in him. Zane's thirst for revenge threatens Dylan. Romero's presented with a new evidence that may change the course of Miss Watson's murder investigation. Cody's friendship with Norman reaches a breaking point.

Meltdown (April 21, 2014)

Romero digs for the truth behind Miss Watson's murder, while the war between the drug families presents Dylan with an impossible choice. Norman pushes Norma away when she won't tell him the truth about his blackouts.

Season 2 Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAVCWk6V-Fo

Also as always Please mark spoilers while new episodes air to give people in other timezone to catch up.

Best of Season 1

iGWN3U7vZFePI.gif

tumblr_mm3iq5gfPr1qdl0ybo2_250.gif

BearPawB

Banned
I really enjoyed Season 1 for the most part.

I think anyone who can enjoy a little pulp in their TV viewing should watch this (aka if you like american horror story, you will probably enjoy this as well)

Revolver

Vera Farmiga is really good in this. Emma is also one of the most endearing characters to come along in a long while. The show veers off into CW tween romance territory too often though but it's still an enjoyable watch.

Very excited for this. The last season was a massive surprise - I'd dismissed it as a horrible idea when hearing the premise, but Farmiga & Highmore's performances really elevate it to a new level.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Vera Farmiga is really good in this. Emma is also one of the most endearing characters to come along in a long while. The show veers off into CW tween romance territory too often though but it's still an enjoyable watch.
This was my only problem with the show. Other than that I liked it quite a bit. I enjoyed the "normal looking small town with a mysterious seedy underbelly" theme.

male x male x female romance will live on forever in S2

Solo

I'm unsure if I want to continue with S2. S1 started off great, then quickly became a so-bad-its-good type of thing, but then the finale was just bad.

This isn't a good show, I watch it for the laughs. Same with under the dome (though that's far worse). I'll catch the premiere and see if it's interesting at least, because they've fulfilled that

FrsDvl

Season 1 was pretty decent, hope that season 2 will be good. Super stoked to see Emma again, such a cutie.

Bladenic

I think she's really over-the-top in many spots. It's probably just the writing though.

S1 was okay, but the ending was good. The preview for S2 already showed the incest is being ramped up. So there's that.

I think she's really over-the-top in many spots. It's probably just the writing though.

S1 was okay, but the ending was good. The preview for S2 already showed the incest is being ramped up. So there's that.

she plays a crazy mom too. in Goat with a naked david duchovny. i think she did a tv show or movie and she was just as crazy. i think as a psychiatrist.

Dany

Banned
I'm unsure if I want to continue with S2. S1 started off great, then quickly became a so-bad-its-good type of thing, but then the finale was just bad.
The show is craZy fun in a good way. It does steer off the deep end to much but I'm hopeful season 2 rebounds some of the issues.

I'd be pretty upset if it turns out somehow Norman didn't do it. That's not an option is it?

Being that the set up seems to point towards Bradley going crazy about M and her father cheating on her mother. Signs point to her and not Norman. The murder probably won't be blamed on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom