• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengatron

I hope they do a day 1 stats reset.

Agreed. As someone who wont be playing until my phyiscal copy comes in from amazon sometime tuesday, I'll already be far enough behind, not counting the 4days people are already going to have on me. I know it's not a ranked competition style game and we should give them the benefit of balance doubt, but, I'd still feel better if there were resets.

MaxiLive

Just looking to try to get into the game, still seems like there is very limited servers :(

If anyone could hit me with an invite that would be awesome. Origin: MaxiLive

Jarmel

Banned
So since my game crashed and I'm back in the ever "No Servers found" horror, let me talk about the maps. I've played:

Airbase-I really like the art design/aesthetics but I'm kinda shaky on how it actually plays.
Angel City-Same as beta
Boneyard-Too much open space, can make it a bit hard for pilots at times
Colony-Favorite map. Lots of rooftops for pilots to have fun with, and Titans can get really involved.
Corporate-Pilot and Titan combat is way too segregated on this map.
Demeter-Alright, nothing special.
Fracture-Same as beta
Nexus-Decent amount of rooftops for pilots to interact with.
Outpost-Another favorite. Great skybox, color scheme, close quarters map, and not a lot of dead space.
Rise-Has some good chokepoints in the middle.
Training Ground-Too large. Designed more for Titan combat.
Relic-Too large. Designed more for Titan combat.
Smuggler-Not sure if you can interact with water. Nobody in any of my matches tried as it's way too far back. That said, great map as there are a lot of rooftops.

I haven't done:

Lagoon
Overlook

Ranking~

Really Great tier:
Outpost
Angel City
Smuggler
Colony

Pretty Decent tier:
Nexus
Rise

Alright tier:
Airbase
Demeter
Fracture

Meh tier:
Corporate
Boneyard

Bleh tier:
Relic
Training Ground

I hope they do a day 1 stats reset.
It doesn't really matter. You have to play the campaign for the other two Titans regardless, so you should be matched with others just starting the campaign as well. By the time you're done with the campaign you'll be around 20 and ready to jump into classic mp with a lot of stuff unlocked.

Milennia

So since my game crashed and I back in the ever "No Servers found" horror, let me talk about the maps. I've played:

Airbase-I really like the art design/aesthetics but I'm kinda shaky on how it actually plays.
Angel City-Same as beta
Colony-Favorite map. Lots of rooftops for pilots to have fun with, and Titans can get really involved.
Fracture-Same as beta
Outpost-Another favorite. Great skybox, color scheme, close quarters map, and not a lot of dead space.
Smuggler-Not sure if you can interact with water. Nobody in any of my matches tried as it's way too far back. That said, great map as there are a lot of rooftops.

I haven't done:

Lagoon
Overlook

Ranking~

Really Great tier:
Outpost
Angel City
Smuggler
Colony

Pretty Decent tier:
Nexus
Rise

Alright tier:
Airbase
Demeter
Fracture

Meh tier:
Corporate
Boneyard

Bleh tier:
Relic
Training Ground

I see training ground on stream right now.
Looks like a bunch of wasteland open space with some barracks spread... Hate the layout.
You could even tell from the top down photos.

Played the beta on my X1, but it was quite choppy so I just blindly preloaded on my PC. Did anyone participate in the beta with a 2500K / 560ti, and can comment on performance?

I have a 550ti and I had to play with most things low and 720p to maintain 60fps. Maybe future patches will "tighten up the graphics" for us but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Navy Bean

So since my game crashed and I'm back in the ever "No Servers found" horror, let me talk about the maps. I've played:

Angel City-Same as beta
Fracture-Same as beta

I haven't done:

Lagoon
Overlook

Ranking~

Really Great tier:
Outpost
Angel City
Smuggler
Colony

Pretty Decent tier:
Nexus
Rise

Alright tier:
Airbase
Demeter
Fracture

Meh tier:
Corporate
Boneyard

Bleh tier:
Relic
Training Ground
Thanks for the impressions. I take it you are not a huge fan of Titan combat?

Milennia

That's probably going to be my #1 weapon.

I m going to consider it like using a DMR in a COD game.
They are manageable and are generally good, but will lose to a full auto AR or SMG 1v1 obviously.

Going to be one of those high ground/map knowledge weapons, which i like having the option of choosing, just not yet.
I need to learn these maps first (best routes to the high ground) and use the babby weapons whilst doing so lol.

Proven

u0HrlgD.png
"The only buddy I bring to a bar."
"WHOOOM! KRRRR... QWISH."
(Stryder Termination)

HelloMeow

I m going to consider it like using a DMR in a COD game.
They are manageable and are generally good, but will lose to a full auto AR or SMG 1v1 obviously.

Going to be one of those high ground/map knowledge weapons, which i like having the option of choosing, just not yet.
I need to learn these maps first (best routes to the high ground) and use the babby weapons whilst doing so lol.

Doesn't it have an attachment to increase it's RoF? With a good trigger finger it shouldn't be at a disadvantage.

Milennia

Doesn't it have an attachment to increase it's RoF? With a good trigger finger it shouldn't be at a disadvantage.

Not that i know of personally.
If it does, then sure it should be fine.

It is loud though, much louder than the AR and SMG, but thats also manageable, though not at the same time.

Im not a fan of the sights, i need to see what else it has available.

Milennia

I'm actually wondering now if the birds can reduce build time.

For the more open maps, reducing build time is everything.

It doesn't do anything, not from what i saw.
No build time decrease.
Maybe if you shoot it enough it dies, i don't know.
He shot it quite a bit though.

Proven

Okay, that Titan railgun thing sucks against Titans.
It doesn't do anything, not from what i saw.
No build time decrease.
Maybe if you shoot it enough it dies, i don't know.
He shot it quite a bit though.
He shot it after he called down his Titan, so that's no evidence.

Milennia

Okay, that Titan railgun thing sucks against Titans.

He shot it after he called down his Titan, so that's no evidence.

Ah yes you are right.
But the person confirming my suspicion above is.
As well as my friend who just tried it after i asked him too and said he put 2 clips into it and nothing.

You also mean the arc cannon, which is only good when its used against clumped up enemies, including titans.

Navy Bean

Just wait for the review thread, this is nothing lol
As a junior I'm gonna take a look but don't touch approach to the review thread...lol. The vitriol in some of those threads today is intense...and growing it seems which I didn't think was possible.

Hopefully this thread remains a safety zone...

Rambo20

Neo Member
Quick pc pre-load question, just finished pre-loading on my pc, have a buddy coming over next weekend and want to install it on my gf comp for the weekend. Is there a easy way to transfer it to her comp, or do I need to re-download 50gigs. Thanks

Weapon dlc oh man why didn't I think of that? I hope so but the season pass only said maps :/

The release about the Season Pass said that there were no additional details on what would be in the 3 packs other than maps. Those details will be announced closer to each pack's release date.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/season-pass-and-digital-deluxe

"What content is included within the Season Pass."

"Each content pack will contain new Maps. All other content is still to be determined and will be announced as we get closer to their release."

Alright, final time: Are there any XOne pre-order deals better than the Microsoft store's $10 giftcard?

I need to know if that's the best place to move my Amazon pre-order over to before the window expires.

Thanks.

Milennia

Alright, final time: Are there any XOne pre-order deals better than the Microsoft store's $10 giftcard?

I need to know if that's the best place to move my Amazon pre-order over to before the window expires.

Thanks.

Thats the best one outside of the bestbuy my rewards 10$ thing.

Cdkeys.com have the pc version of Titanfall for £25.99 which is the cheapest around. I haven't used the site before, but they have many many positive reviews. I'm gonna bite the bullet this weekend.

Has anyone used the guys before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom