• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR WARS: The Clone Wars - Season VI now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
BiFlKBACYAAXWzi.png-large.png

WATCH THE TRAILER, YOU MUST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6gZdTUKQo

The sixth and final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars released earlier today exclusively on Netflix. Known as "The Lost Missions", the 13 episode season reveals "some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force". All of the previous seasons, including the feature length film, are also available to stream on Netflix.

"An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret carried by each and every soldier of the Republic. Anakin Skywalker's closest relationship is tested to its limits when a well-intentioned senator is manipulated by the masterminds of the war. A wicked enemy from the past uncovers an ancient weapon that could give her unrivaled power. And Master Yoda's investigation into the disappearance of a Jedi takes him deep inside the Force's mysteries, where what he discovers could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy." ¹

Prepare yourself for explosive dogfights, lightsaber duels, badass clones, exceptional CG animation, corny dialog and more retcons.
Oh, and Jar Jar Binks.

Q: Is the show good?
A: The Clone Wars offers different views of the Star Wars universe backed by the freedom of CG animation. While earlier episodes are a bit rough and the writing is often cringe worthy, the show improves as it goes on, with several highs throughout each season culminating in impressive climatic sequences. The show is much more violent than the films, and even those dissatisfied by the prequel trilogy have praised its direction.

Q: I want to watch TCW but I don't want to watch the bad episodes. Which ones should I see?
A: See this selective viewing guide from 4chan: Season 1 & 2 | Season 3, 4 & 5

Q: Are previous seasons on Netflix?
A: Yes. Seasons 1 through 5 and The Clone Wars film were released alongside Season 6 on Netflix.

Q: Are all the episodes in chronological order?
A: See this post for the chronological viewing order.

SEASON 6 EPISODES:²

MAY THE BANDWIDTH BE WITH YOU:

Please be sure to spoiler episode details!

¹http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=115682
²http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars:_Season_Six

antonz

Conspiracy arc and the Yoda arc are so good. I admit I skipped to the Yoda arc after the conspiracy one. Ill go back and watch the others now but those 2 arcs were too hard to resist.

Mark Hamill has a role in the last Episode :eek:

Nyanmaruz

I just finished the 2nd episode, but I find it so disheartening to know that the Jedi will never find out about the conspiracy until it finally hits them in the end...

Season 5s ending
well yeah, but what happened afterwards?

Does she appear in season 6 (spoiler tags)? I've been watching this show since eps 1 wondering when she was gonna get snuffed :X

Does the season end on a cliff hanger, or does it transition well into eps3?

So is this show canon post disney?

Does she appear in season 6 (spoiler tags)? I've been watching this show since eps 1 wondering when she was gonna get snuffed :X

She's listed as being in the cast for the Season 6 episodes, so she likely appears somehow (I'm about to watch them myself). These were written before Disney acquired Lucasfilm so it should still follow the star wars continuum (though they probably wont reanimate the lead into the coruscant battle like the original Clone Wars did). It's also possible that some episodes don't chronologically follow Season 5 (there have been prequels in past seasons). Will edit if any of this is incorrect.

the first 'arc' sounds interesting... because I don't recall it was ever mentioned in the movies that
order 66 was a command on the genetic level, thought it was just a order on the playbook that each trooper knew.

antonz

Yeah Clone Wars and Movies are the most direct Canon as Lucas was involved all the way.

The Books etc. are a grade of Canon but they are overruled by anything that happens on screen so that's why everyone says after episode 7 books are kaput.

As far as Ahsoka I imagine that is the big arc that they have hinted would be resolved in comics.

Lots of deep canon-defining (and breaking) stuff - not going to spoil it, you need to watch it.
I've only watched the original MTV shorts (Were they on MTV?). I have yet to start season 1, but I've been dying to. The most important part of a TV show/movie/book/anything for me is the ending. A great piece of work can be ruined by a shit ending. So long story short....if the ending is good (doesn't have to be mind blowing), then count these nipples hard and I'll start watching. I just hate starting a long show to only discover my hours have been wasted when it ends terribly.

Fantastic Stuff. Expands on a lot of stuff briefly mentioned but never explored and there is some prior canon stuff that gets altered for little reason that I can tell
Awww yeah. I'm ready.

still wish the lightsaber stuff in the show looked just a bit more fluid. It kinda reminds me of KOTOR where everything happened 'in turns'. Seems like a conscious decision. Maybe super smooth choreography didn't gel well with kids?

S6 E01:

Pretty good first episode. They've improved the cinematography nearly twofold thus far, though some sequences are still a bit jarring (mostly in the "this shot was too long or unnatural" department).
Space scenes were nicely done, especially the end. Good to see the Droids still have their humor. Sidious used a bit richer vocabulary than I've known him for. New Jedi apparently have some really freaky space shampoo on their heads. Shame the good looking one was axed. So it seems that this clone started hearing Order 66 unintentionally, and Sidious wants to make sure nobody else hears about it. Wonder what lengths he'll go to keep it hushed.

I think I've got enough momentum to continue.

still wish the lightsaber stuff in the show looked just a bit more fluid. It kinda reminds me of KOTOR where everything happened 'in turns'. Seems like a conscious decision. Maybe super smooth choreography didn't gel well with kids?

Migiht be part of the influence from the 2003 cartoon.

Rootbeer

Banned
tempted to sub to netflix for a month and watch all 6 seasons (or at least the highlight episodes from the OP) + S06. Really awesome that they got the rights to this.

Just finished first episode...how did this thing not air?

Enjoyed this more than 95% of the episodes in the previous five seasons and more than all of season 5.

oh yeah, another problem i had with the lightsaber battles is most of the time, no one dies... and its super obvious. Of course grevious isn't gonna die here, or dooku or that bald chick.

Should really have added more 'sith fodder'... even though it wouldn't have made too much sense lore wise.

maybe some sith apprentices i guess?

Where does the movie fit in with the episodes if at all?

It's before most of the episodes except the sixteenth ones of the first two seasons. In chronological order, it'd be:

Season 2 E16 - Cat and Mouse
Season 1 E16 - The Hidden Enemy
The Movie
All the other episodes

Blackage

Is Season 6 actually fleshed out? Did they stop production half-way through and end up with these 13 episodes? Is there a proper ending?

From what I've read the studio was making Season 6 and then it was "Surprise, canceled because we're rebooting Star Wars with Disney!" and these episodes are just what they finished.

Woorloog

Banned
the first 'arc' sounds interesting... because I don't recall it was ever mentioned in the movies that
order 66 was a command on the genetic level, thought it was just a order on the playbook that each trooper knew.

The films make it clear the troopers are modified to be more obedient (if i recall correctly, having watched all the films so many times i should...) but just how much is not made clear. Presumably not 100%, to retain some initiative to actually make them more than merely biological droids.
The expanded universe says they just followed it like any other order though. It was part of the Contingency Orders, which included stuff like removing the Chancellor of necessary etc other stuff.
Clone Commandos had, i think, a bit different genetic modification, and ARC troopers were merely enhanced (superior intelligence, endurance, strength and so on, also ended up being very, very independent).

Ionian

Is Season 6 actually fleshed out? Did they stop production half-way through and end up with these 13 episodes? Is there a proper ending?

Yep, if you get bored with the first ones just skip to the last three. Worth watching alone easily.

antonz

From what I've read the studio was making Season 6 and then it was "Surprise, canceled because we're rebooting Star Wars with Disney!" and these episodes are just what they finished.

Season 5s final Episode fittingly enough is a solid ending to the series. There are still some unanswered things that never get answered but conclusions can be drawn.

Season 6 Addresses some major stuff and what was finished is awesome but yeah Disney fucked them over with the if its not related to the original movies then its dead stance

oh yeah, another problem i had with the lightsaber battles is most of the time, no one dies... and its super obvious. Of course grevious isn't gonna die here, or dooku or that bald chick.

Should really have added more 'sith fodder'... even though it wouldn't have made too much sense lore wise.

maybe some sith apprentices i guess?

I agree with this. Unfortunately, all the major characters are protected with plot armor most of the time. It's an inherent effect of taking place during the episodes. The original cartoon would do things like show how Anakin got his scars or how Grevious started coughing, but there haven't been such ties to the movies with this series thus far, which makes the issue more noticeable.

Rebels being "more Disney" doesn't give much hope for that to change either.

Rebels being "more Disney" doesn't give much hope for that to change either.

Dunno why - none of the characters in Rebels appear in the movies, so they're free to do whatever they want to them. It should make their confrontations even more tense because someone might lose an arm or get burnt or something.

I don't think they deal with Darth Maul's fate right?

Nope, that's going to be one of the last comics arcs that Dark Horse gets before returning the license to Marvel.

Dunno why - none of the characters in Rebels appear in the movies, so they're free to do whatever they want to them. It should make their confrontations even more tense because someone might lose an arm or get burnt or something.

Yea they aren't tied to the movies, so that leaves the opportunity open. Death is certainly not uncharted territory for Star Wars or TCW series, but how will Disney handle it on their channel? I'd like for them to keep the same level of "maturity", as it were, but it's not something that's been seen in a while other than Tron Uprising (which is very stylized compared to this).

So I'm interested in starting this but I've heard the initial movie is kinda sucky. At what point would most of you say that it "gets good" just so I can mentally prepare myself, haha.

So I'm interested in starting this but I've heard the initial movie is kinda sucky. At what point would most of you say that it "gets good" just so I can mentally prepare myself, haha.
Movie isn't bad. But it's more like a extra long pilot vs a 'movie'.

But if you enjoy it, you'd probably like the show.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Side note

As someone who's always been interested, but never been with the series from the start are all prior seasons on Netflix as well?

I think I might know what I'm gonna do later.

Daft_Cat

As weird as this seems....

I guess this is the final hurrah on the prequel universe, and the versions of the characters found therein.

For better or for worse, I'm glad it seems to have gone out with a bang. I should really catch up on this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom