• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumiose City/Prism Tower Stage (Pokemon XY) Confirmed For Smash Bros. 3DS

zlCfzRnIqVEZnDghz9

Pic of the day. The Prism Tower rises above Lumiose City. Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower. No, really.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFysvtvtA

Power-outage if old.

blamite

An actual, game-accurate Pokémon stage? Madness.

I'm guessing that the wide view means we'll be taking a tour of Lumiose. Nice!
Hmm, I'll bet that's what "up until a few seconds ago" means. I'll bet you'll move between the tower and the five plazas, considering how well-lit they look compared to everything else.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm, I'll bat that's what "up until a few seconds ago" means. I'll bet you'll move between the tower and the five plazas, considering how well-lit they look compared to everything else.

But the plazas barely contain anything save for Lysandre's cafe!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
But the plazas barely contain anything save for Lysandre's cafe!

Nuh-uh, one of the NPC's claims that the "Volcano Dome" Pokemon lives beneath the Jaune Plaza I believe. Thought to be Heatran at first, now believed to probably be Volcanion.

one_kill

I hate this city. Gave me a headache the first time I roamed it. If it wasn't for the cabs, I'd still get lost.

But yeah, it looks nice.

The confirmed stages for 3DS so far are:

Nintendog Room
Tortimer Island
Spirit Train
Battlefield
Boxing Ring
Rainbow Road
Find Mii Final Boss
Gerudo Valley
Super Mario 3D World Scrolling Stage
Arena Ferox
Kid Icarus Uprising stage
Lumiose City

Total so far: 12

Ein Bear

It's a shame that the content is getting divided between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Wish both versions of the game had everything in them.

I hate this city. Gave me a headache the first time I roamed it. If it wasn't for the cabs, I'd still get lost.

But yeah, it looks nice.

I'm on my second playthrough of XY and I still have trouble navigating the place on foot/bike. I love the idea of a big hub city in the center of a region, but Gf didn't design that place intuitively at all. The only place that should use the over-shoulder camera angle is the road leading to Prism Tower.

There are cabs in Lumiose? As for navigation, it took me 3 months find the battle institute...

It's a shame that the content is getting divided between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Wish both versions of the game had everything in them.
In terms of stage it would lead to a lowest common denominator approach. I can totally see the Wii U version getting 3DS stages as DLC though.

Neiteio

I plan to get both versions of Smash, but I can't help but be more excited for the stage lineup in the 3DS version. I mean, you have the Reset Bomb Forest stage from Kid Icarus Uprising, complete with war in the background and Viridi appearing in the sky. You have Gerudo Valley from OoT 3D, with Koume & Kotake stage hazards. You have Nintendogs with supersized dog (possibly) toppling the blocks. You have Spirit Tracks with train conductor Link (or Alfonso!), and new train cabs attaching/detaching. You have Arena Ferox, which will no doubt have plenty of music from Fire Emblem Awakening, one of my favorite games. You have a scroll-into-the-background 3D Land stage AND a Rainbow Road stage, the latter based on the superior Mario Kart 7 rendition. You have a randomly generated Tortimer Island stage from Animal Crossing, and now Lumiose City/Prism Tower from Pokémon XY, a.k.a. the best Pokémon and one I'm already nostalgic for in a way I haven't felt since Gold/Silver/Crystal? All of this is very promising!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Meh, I find it hard to get excited for Lumiose City being a stage when I hated being in that city and it just reminds me how I was disappointed by Pokémon X and Y. :(

Neiteio

By the way, it's probably already been said, but the fact Sakurai says the characters "were just fighting on top of Prism Tower" implies this is a Delfino Plaza/Skyloft-style stage where a platform conveys players from one corner of the city to another. So you'll be fighting on top of Prism Tower for a bit, then the platform might fly you over the city and drop you off in one of the four quadrants of the city, for example. Hopefully we'll see some classic imagery like the Skiddo/Gogoat taxi service, or people walking their stylish Furfrous!

Sendou

By the way, it's probably already been said, but the fact Sakurai says the characters "were just fighting on top of Prism Tower" implies this is a Delfino Plaza/Skyloft-style stage where a platform conveys players from one corner of the city to another. So you'll be fighting on top of Prism Tower for a bit, then the platform might fly you over the city and drop you off in one of the four quadrants of the city, for example. Hopefully we'll see some classic imagery like the Skiddo/Gogoat taxi service, or people walking their stylish Furfrous!

Well I hope it covers the whole Kalos Region flying you around. Lumiose City by itself isn't too exciting.

Hindl

This looks great! Further solidifying my decision to finally double dip on a game.

And I'm torn, because Lumiose City and Kalos are probably my favorite region so far, I just love the French aesthetic and the design of the whole area. And lumiose looks so great but man is it a pain to get around that town.

Mr-Joker

Banned
But Kalos is France, I'm confused now ><

Matsuda!!!

It's get more confusing when you learn that Unova was based on New York, you know a place that actually has a big tipping culture and you can't tip in that game.

I just put it down to Game Freak getting confused.

Top Bottom